Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Help Help Help

pinkpanther

:crybaby::help::crybaby:

i dont need help wid my yaris...

i do need help designing and building a gocart/pushcar/soapbox racer....

i dont really have a problem with how to build the frame or rear axle, i just cant work out how to make it steer.

it has to quite simple as its gonna b built by 5 or 6 9-14 year olds

do u reckon it needs brakes aswell???

if anyone has any ideas, suggestions or websites i can look at please, please

HELP ME

:help::help::help:

jus go to a scrappy mate and have a look around you never no there could be an old golf cart or somothing lying around . thats what my mate did for his

soz if i put this in rong place.... juz needed answer quick....

i would usually go to scrappy but its for a summer scheme, so the kids need to build it themselves...... mostly out of wood........ so any ideas....?

When ahhh were a lad we used to cut up old prams to make go carts. A length of stout wood with a cross piece at the back with a pram axle held on with bent over nails then at the front we drilled a hole through the main beam and in the middle of another axle length piece a couple of washers and a coach bolt gave us a swivel. Nail the other axle under the swivel tie on a piece of rope near each front wheel, nail on a couple of short planks for a seat and off we went, you can steer with your feet on the front swivel or use the rope, we had hours of fun as kids, Sterling Moss (WHO??????) had nothing on us.

brakes are a good idea but when i were a lad it wasnt an option

you were either a wimp and put your foot down on the floor, went slow, or jammed somthing on the tyre

if you were a little harder you would leave the vehicle at an 'appropriate' time

but if you were the most daring then brakes were made up of the impact with something stationary and solid

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links