Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Pressure Sensing Valves

catboy

does anyone have the part number and cost for the tyre pressure sensing valves for the Auris Hybrid.My car is a July 2014 reg,I think these were fitted when they had the facelift in July.I am also getting a new set of alloys these will be genuine Toyota wheels but not direct from Toyota,are the wheels any different from the ones that have pressure sensing valves to the wheels that haven't got them.

Try sending Parts Kind a personal message detailing your car and what you want.

Valve part number is 42607-02030 x 4 and there is a fitting kit part number 04423-02010 x 4. Not sure you would need 4 new valves unless you intend to use 1 set as winter wheels, if not then just swap the old valves onto the new wheels ( new fitting kit will be needed ) if you intend to use 1 set for winter then each time you swap wheel sets you will have to have the wheels reprogrammed into the car as the car can only have 5 wheels programmed at any time and each sensor has a different code.

Hi,so it seems that if I purchased a complete set of pressure valves had them fitted to winter wheels Toyota would have to reprogram them each time I changed from winter to summer and vice versa.I did not think it would be this much of a problem to fit winter tyres,I was hoping to keep a set of each and swap them over myself each winter without interfering with the valves or involving Toyota once they were fitted.Would it be possible to have the winter wheels fitted with ordinary tyre valves and press the pressure reset button would this put the tyre pressure light out on the dash or would it remain on all the time.

From 1st November 2012, all cars with new Type Approval after this date had to have tyre pressure monitoring system fitted as standard. The current Auris carried forward the Type Approval from the first generation, so was exempt from this legislation - until now, and this was part of the reason for the summer spec adjustments.

From 1st November 2014, all new cars registered from this date will have to have a tyre pressure monitoring system fitted.

So this sort of issue with swapping tyres/wheels will affect increasing numbers of owners.

Can any one tel me how you deal with the problem of swapping from summer tyres to winter tyres if you own a car with tyre pressure sensing valves.Do you have your winter wheels and tyres fitted with these valves and have them programmed when you swap to winter tyres and then reprogrammed again when you switch back to summer tyres.The other way is to run winter tyres all year round at the expense of poor performance and greater tyre wear.Can you tell me the way you do it.I have never known a more complicated and expensive method just to change your tyres.

Can any one tel me how you deal with the problem of swapping from summer tyres to winter tyres if you own a car with tyre pressure sensing valves.Do you have your winter wheels and tyres fitted with these valves and have them programmed when you swap to winter tyres and then reprogrammed again when you switch back to summer tyres.The other way is to run winter tyres all year round at the expense of poor performance and greater tyre wear.Can you tell me the way you do it.I have never known a more complicated and expensive method just to change your tyres.

Some people have two sets of wheels each with valves fitted, however by far the most common choice is two sets of tyres swapped over on one set of wheels, at my dealership so long as you continue to purchase tyres from us we will swap back and forwards F.O.C when required.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links