Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Not Starting!

ToyotaAuris

Hi, i have 2011 toyota auris with 35k miles 1.33. In the morning now (second time) its cold, about 8 degrees. When I come to starting the car, it doesent start! Im not sure whats wrong with it but im not happy since i put alot of money into buying a 2011 car with low miles and it doesent want to start up. My old 14 year old Golf never ever within the 4 years i owned it ever did that, and that at 100k miles. Very disappointed.

So what happens is that I turn the car over and it doesent. It sounds like a very old car which is rusty and doesent start. I turned it over for 5 seconds ish and stopped to prevent Battery from draining. I then tried once more and it dident start, even pushing the accelerator repeatedly. 3rd time I held the accelerator down and then after 7 seconds of trying, it finally started. I let go off accelerator and then it went to idle like it should and it dident judder or anything like its loosing power.... Im not sure what has happen but i dont know if the pushing accelerator helped, i dont think so. Can anyone tell me what this could be? Tomorrow before starting the car, I will try to get it on video but it doesent always happen. Also to add, the car has been running the day before perfectly, the Battery is always charged and we do about 15-20 miles per day.

Thanks

That all sounds really odd. Starting should be instant.

I'm going to give the same advice I do for any (possible) electronic related glitch and that is for you to disconnect the Battery for a few minutes. That will reset all the engine management systems. Reconnect the Battery and see if it starts.

Pressing the accelerator shouldn't be altering things because the 1.33 is a "drive by wire". The engine management decides the fuelling and throttle openings. It should do what it has to do for the engine to start.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links