Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying A Sr180 Advice

weeman1978

Hi Everone,

I`m looking at buying a Sr180 and i`m looking at some advice on what to lookout for common faults ect?? Here is a link to the car http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DG09XMD-/151466542664?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=oKwmo%252BZRnaHAf2SNGqfiPiLr8G8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

you need to acquaint yourself with the potential head/head gasket issues on this series of engines & whether that car is within the affected range (production up to Sept. 2009). At least it is still within the 112k/7 year extended goodwill warranty that Toyota put in place for the issue. Obviously check for signs of a problem, ask if it has already had any work (replacement engine?) for it & check for a full service history (ideally a full dealer history).

It's only a small % that develop the issue & you can't predict which cars but it's such an expensive one to fix out of warranty that you don't want to be caught.

• Like 1

If it's had a replacement engine fitted by the main dealer! The warranty is only for 1 year. My 1st engine rebuild at the dealer failed within said time! So another dealer rebuild engine was dropped in. That is why I sold my T-180 as it was then out of warranty! And just couldn'tstand the worry of it going again and the cost of rerepair. So got rid...

which is why Toyota switched to exchange engines rather than dealer rebuilds.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links