Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ice, Tips Hints And Recomendations

Nizan

OK guys im starting to plan my install for JAE'04 but i dont really know much about this stuff.

Im just looking for tips hints and recomendations on equipment(Brands) and companies to supply and possible fit the products.

At the moment my budget is 1 - 1.5K which needs to include labor.

Im looking for quality crisp sound at all levels of volume, also I wouldnt mind a fancy head unit, maybe one of them screen thingys?.

so fire away look foraward to viewing your responces.

Cheers

Niz :thumbsup:

You could save yourself a load on labour if you do some/most of the work yourself which would mean extra cash for more or better kit...

Hmm i have the tendancy to mess things up i could give it a go but i need to know what im doing first :lol:

Be scientific about your install, look at the frequency ratings of every speaker, match them and fit them in the correct environment (space, location, direction).

brand names are more persoanly preference than quality guidelines, most manf. make cheap low end Speakers, avoid these like the plague, you get pretty much what you pay for but can wreckit by installing it wrong.

A mid priced speaker in the right enclosure will out perform and sound better than an expensive speaker in the wrong enclosure.

ALL Speakers require correctly sized enclosures to perform their best. Yes even 'free air subs' (ooooh perish the though.....)

Be scientific about your install, look at the frequency ratings of every speaker, match them and fit them in the correct environment (space, location, direction).

brand names are more persoanly preference than quality guidelines, most manf. make cheap low end speakers, avoid these like the plague, you get pretty much what you pay for but can wreckit by installing it wrong.

A mid priced speaker in the right enclosure will out perform and sound better than an expensive speaker in the wrong enclosure.

ALL speakers require correctly sized enclosures to perform their best. Yes even 'free air subs' (ooooh perish the though.....)

ok thanks mate ill start digging round the net and try to learn some of the stuff you mentiond :bookworm: :bookworm: :bookworm:

Cheers :thumbsup:

I'll add more later....

but visit here

lots of guides and lots of people with very good knowledge on ICE

Kev

definitley get the latest pioneer in dash screen/dvd unit. think its about a grand but look around and i'm sure u'll find it cheaper. subs wise go for audiobahn

ed

I can get screens for $500 (USD) and motorised ones for $700 (USD) ..

I'm also selling a double din MD/CD headunit :) .. but I'll pimp that in the for sale section ..

I can get screens for $500 (USD) and motorised ones for $700 (USD) ..

I'm also selling a double din MD/CD headunit :) .. but I'll pimp that in the for sale section ..

could you mail me some more info on the screens mate? :thumbsup:

-Screen Size:  Diagonal 7"  (16:9)

-In-dash and Fully motorized

-Tilt angle: Left - 15 degr/ Right - 15 degr/ Top - 15 degr

-Touch Screen (installed)

-On Screen Display Control

-For PC, Server, GPS, and Standard VGA Use

-1x VGA Input (15 pin D-SUB)

-2x Video Inputs (RCA)

-NTSC / PAL Multi-System Auto Switch

-Supported Resolution:  640 x 480 ~  1024x768 (auto)

-Power Supply:  DC 12V, 1A

-Power Consumption:  <8W

-Operating Temperature:  -5°C ~ +60°C

-Applications: for car, PC, GPS, DVD, camera use

-Screen Size:  Diagonal 7"  (16:9)

-In-dash and Fully motorized

-Tilt angle: Left - 15 degr/ Right - 15 degr/ Top - 15 degr

-Touch Screen (installed)

-On Screen Display Control

-For PC, Server, GPS, and Standard VGA Use

-1x VGA Input (15 pin D-SUB)

-2x Video Inputs (RCA)

-NTSC / PAL Multi-System Auto Switch

-Supported Resolution:  640 x 480 ~  1024x768 (auto)

-Power Supply:  DC 12V, 1A

-Power Consumption:  <8W

-Operating Temperature:  -5°C ~ +60°C

-Applications: for car, PC, GPS, DVD, camera use

so do i use it like a head unit? and can watch DVD's too?

You would need to add a DVD player .. and it's the size of a headunit .. the screen slides out ..

What music do you listen too do you want it loud or quality you can have both but this costs lots of ££££ where abouts are ya mate might be able to recommend a few places also look in the audio section i pinned a few links in there ages ago.

Id Rather Have Quality over loud, Im in Milton Keynes, there is a place near me but i dont know how good they are.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links