Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Door Panel

yarissr

just undo screw behind door handle and inside door pull/scoop an then it shud pull off then up,

thanx ! :D

i will go try it out later ! any precaution needed ? just incase any internal bits n bobs fall out :crybaby:

thanx ! :D

i will go try it out later ! any precaution needed ? just incase any internal bits n bobs fall out :crybaby:

Have a shot of Whisky on standby :D

there are 3 plastic screws (and 2 propper screws), twist 90 degrees and pull

ok - took off the panel ! :D thanx ppl !!! just took off the 2 screws on left hand side and pulled off ! :thumbsup:

but i am stuck now on how to remove the standard Speakers as the 3 screws are just circular holes ?

i have taken a pic of this but i cannot host any pics ....

any ideas ?

Like i said earlier, they are riveted on!

Small drill bit, 5mm or so, drill straight through them. This'll free the Speakers.

Good luck!

Like i said earlier, they are riveted on!

Small drill bit, 5mm or so, drill straight through them. This'll free the speakers.

Good luck!

the 3 screws r rivets ? i tried peek down them, found them to be crossed screws but each time i use a screw driver, i am worried i will chaff them to bits :crybaby:

so u reckon i should just drill right thru them and the Speakers will fall out ?

but how would i inistall the new Speakers when i ruined the screw holes ?

With rivets there are no 'screw holes' with threads etc. Rivets pull two faces together, eg the flat of the speaker and the metal door panel.

so just use a 5mm or smaller head bit and drill right thru them ?

:unsure: i might just leave this to professionals since i am too worried i mash them in the end :(

Yeah no probs. U will mash them cos that is how they must come off!

Because the door panel is soo thin, it cant have a tapped hole with a bolt going in, and because u havent got access to the rear of the panel, u cant have a nut and bolt. Yes?

Dont get skanked by 'professionals', d.i.y my friend :thumbsup:

I made some MDF adapters using the speaker housings i took out as a template , which is a triangle shape . then just make the hole for your new speaker with a jigsaw , fit the adapter to the door with self tapping skrews and then wire up your speakes and screw it onto the adapter , give it a wirl. I did it about 2 years ago ,so i may have missed a little detail.

if i do mash them, how will i fit the new speakers in ??

i got some 16.5 speakers for the door :unsure:

U need a celica speaker adaptor which is the triangular platic thing, and then u mount the Speakers to this and then rivet the hoder back onto the door.

Im sure once u deassemble it u'll realise what to do.

:thumbsup:

I dont have electric windows, so how do i take the winder handle off becoz its stopping me from removing the door panel :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links