Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Calipers And Smoke Lights

cokg2

Hiya

1) Wheres the best to get red caliper paint. When i take the wheel off,do i just paint, or do i need to disassemble the brakes. How long to dry as well?

2) Where can i get the stuff to smoke the lights?

CHEERS !!

Just done my Calipers today mate, take off wheel clean parts no disassembling needed, paint and leave to dry. Sure eBay sell some kits if not try Halfords :thumbsup:

Caliper.thumb.jpg

Niz

You'll get both at Motorworld or Halfrauds.

As far as the calipers go, the general concensus is to brush paint the calipers while fitted. You get a good strong paint coverage doing it this way, and it doesn't mean disconnecting/reconnecting and bleeding the brakes.

Rich

does that mean u have to leave the wheels off while they dry?? and how long do they take to dry??

go to BQ and find where the Hammerite is and then look for somat called Japlaq.

Generally designed for doing kids toys so it drys rock hard and solid and is heat resistant so kids cant eat it

very good for calipers too, nice and thick so you can lavish it on. youll need to do a coat or three as the calipers are 'cast' and have a very rough surface

i used red hammerite and u can put the wheels back on just dont drive it for a whil

red hammerite £4

yo knight..

red hammerite?

and it looks good? got some pics? cause here in israel i can only find hammerite..

Ive used Hammerite in the past, but found that it starts to flake after 2 months or so..... I guess its not capable of taking the heat??

Lee

does that mean u have to leave the wheels off while they dry?? and how long do they take to dry??

I left mine off for 2 hours to dry, the paint i used for the hubs said dont drive for 24 hours either :angry: .......2 hours to go :lol::lol:

Niz

ill get pics soon and hammerite has been on my car for ova 6 months not a flake has come off

what paint did u use niz?

E-Tech for the silver, cant remember the name of the stuff for the red, its probably pants and will flake off soon, but it looks good for now :thumbsup:

i painted my calipers red. used the foliatech kit fram Halfords. just left it to dry for 2 hours then put the wheel back on. then didnt move it for 24hours.

why dont u just but a tin of red and a tin of blue and mix them to get purple mate?

Halfords do their own brand of caliper paint , i have used hammerite in the past which has done ok but it fades after time which i guess is due to excess heat .All i can say is give the caliper a quick clean maybe with a little thinners to get any grease or cra* off before you start painting.

customs charges aint gonna be that must.

A mate brought a $400 headunit off eBay, he got stumped with a £60 customs fee.

If you scale that down to a small $40 purchase, it aint gonna be must more than a £5

True but I'm more concerned about the paint being solvent based and customs don't like that sort of thing!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links