Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Light Again!

simpip122

right am thinking of putting extra light inside like these led strip lights in the footwell but where do get the power from some where near the centre console like the cig light. and using scotch lock to cut in the wire. really want them come on with doors opening, any advice please.post-143429-0-05704700-1420657760_thumb.

Hopefully the the wirng loom it's a CAN BUS System. Don't know either way but if it is a CAN BUS you may start causing problems else where along the way.

Although saying that IQ's do have pretty poor interior lighting and any additional would make a real difference. My Mum has an IQ3 and my Dad's thinking of putting in a camping light light in the back to help see better when taking things out the boot? behind the front seats.

I bought some LED lights very similar to the genuine Toyota footwell lights and installed them as detailed in these instructions....

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7BF4896E48-A337-4F98-97CE-6BE24548A337%7D/iQ_Interior_Lighting_08527_47800_AIM_001_274_1.pdf

Here is my efforts, Scroll down the page a bit...

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/134890-an-iq-called-toya/page-3

Craig.

or could i take a wire off the interior light or would blow the fuse. just want something cheap and easy to install am no electrician!

I have a small led torch velcro'd to the grab handle above the driver door , does it for me and lasts ages

there some interior lights for the footwell in a blue tint that plug in to the 12v adapter and have a on off switch. on eBay might go for one of them. only £5.00

As Craig says. You can use any 12v LED strip and connect to the position 14 in the Toyota installation guide. You can connect to the internal light via the roof lining on two particular connection points but you have to be careful

David

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links