Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

England Flags

vmail

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JappyBeast

• vmail

• Boro Sera

• Yarisboy

I like all the flags.. it kinda cheers the place up a bit.

I agree! :thumbsup:

I have the St Georges Flag on my number plates and I have a full size flag covering the parcel shelf :)

I like all the flags.. it kinda cheers the place up a bit.

Like mine?

Hope to continue wearing it here...

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

It's strange that the people in power have come up with this due to the fact that it might offend someone (even though there is no evidence it ever has).

The price of petrol offends and insults all of us (Brits and Foreign Nationals).....but do they put measures into place to prevent this? Do they :censor:

If the sight of a National Flag or Emblem upsets someone, then I would suggest that the problem is with them and not the flag. You can't please everyone, so surely it's majority rule !

Coyote. Keep your flag flying.....I don't mind a bit. :thumbsup:

Even if I did though...it's your flag.

We have enough problems in this country as it is without trying to fix ones that don't exist.

Rich

gotta say this kinda stuff is weird. the most stupic of things count as being "politically incorrect" like this flag malarky, i don't c ne bother with it at all, i cant imagine how it would offend come1... well unless its during a footy game in a pub and some :censor: from the opposition waves their flag at u coz u got beat (damn swedes lol :P, j/k btw people)

well i'm part of the "ethnic minority" and i don't have owt aginst it so keep them flags flying proud boys!!!

btw does this mean its illegal to wear national football shirts?

-Z

This offends me

"Manchester City"

its pathetic.

perhaps i should go back on holiday to tunisia and ask all the shops and bars there that proudly display pictures of their king (or summat like that) to take them down as it offends me!

wonder how long it would take before i was ceremoniously slaughtered.

my mates dad actually put 2 flags on his car yesterday because of the impending ban.

it is a disgrace to be told u cannot fly your countries flag in your own country for fear of offending those cultures not originally of this country.

im not a racist, but if there are any foreign people living in this country and they are offended by this act of patriotism then they/ and us should re-evaluate whether they should be staying here at all.

Zeroblade came up with a good point though.

What about wearing England tops. Is that next on the list. It's the thin end of a very unnecessary wedge.

Apparently it'll soon be illegal to own an Old English sheepdog, be called George, Eat Fish and Chips, wear a bowler hat etc. :blink:

Rich

I'm thinknig we should be flying union flags instead of the st george tho.. unite this country!

I'm thinknig we should be flying union flags instead of the st george tho.. unite this country!

Unity............???????????????

it's every man for himself out there. :angry:

Rich

been told that they are banned, on cars, houses, pubs, was told that it was on sky sports news, is that correct and why?

From todays Sun newspaper:

DAFT council chiefs have ordered soccer-loving cabbies to stop flying England flags from their taxis ahead of Euro 2004.

Politically correct officials in Bradford, West Yorks, fear the St George cross could cause offence.

But their move has been slammed by the drivers — many of them Asian.

One Asian driver said: “Flying an England flag would help show people that we are part of the community.”

A council spokesman said: “We would ask for them to be removed to avoid possible problems.”

A number of councils are now planning similar rulings about flags.

:eek:

its stupid...

Im proud to be English (yes, english, not british), and although i dont have a flag on my car, I should be allowed to have one if i want!!

You drive around a US suburb and every other house has a stars and stripes outside in the lawn, and were talking California/new york, which is as multi cultural as anywhere else!!

Something that does wind me up about 'britian' though...

English football fans support Ireland and Scotland almost as much as England, and were happy when they do well...

However, the scots, who didnt qualify for the last world cup, complained that we 'were shoving the world cup down their throats'!!!, however, if they beat us in a match, im pretty sure they'd be rubbing our faces in it for years!! !Removed! hypocrits!!!

English football fans support Ireland and Scotland almost as much as England, and were happy when they do well...

And not Wales............... Hmmmm

well, im sure if Wales ever qualified we'd support them too :lol: ;)

well, im sure if Wales ever qualified we'd support them too :lol: ;)

We have, and u wont, cos we are playing u, remember? :thumbsup:

This is not A country, it's four. They are already united (supposedly) that is why Britain gets called the 'United Kingdom' - don't mean to be pedantic but like Fidgits says I am proud to be ENGLISH. Iam not a Racist, I will admit to a slight touch of Xenophobia, won't say who towards but you know who you are Homer and Patrice. St Georges cross does not make me a !Removed!. Whatever next, no hanging baskets just in case they MIGHT fall on someone <_< :lol: Kids not allowed to give Christmas cards in school in case it offends the non Christian kids. It's the Pollies and councillors who really need to drag themselves into the real world and stop trying to justify their hugely overpaid jobs with stupid ideas. :)

Demanding that England flags are taken down through fears of disrupting the multi cultural society we're in even more than it is, is sheer lunacy..

Any such attempt at banning the American flag for example, on their home soil would be laughed out of the room, and the country.

Incidentally - can anyone show me the evidence of the alleged ban? Or is it all just one big wind up we've all fallen for?

It's just a silly argument and that's the end of it, the flags will not come down because people will not stand for it.

Im from the North of Ireland and agree that people should be allowed to fly their flag in their own country. Dont like it though when people from a foregin country fly there flag in your country. E.g people flyin S.t Georges cross, union jack etc etc here in Ireland and im sure its Vise versa people flying the tri - colour in England!

Dont like it though when people from a foregin country fly there flag in your country. E.g people flyin S.t Georges cross, union jack etc etc here in Ireland and im sure its Vise versa people flying the tri - colour in England!

Can't really agree with that one myself. Middlesbrough is full of flags.....from all over.

Would you ban an Italian restaurant from showing it's colours in the window?

NO...

Flags are just colours and patterns on cloth. They should not make you a target for beaurocratic interference. They are internationally recognised emblems, not offensive or abhorrent...and, as has been said, brighten the place up a bit.

Take it to an Extreme and ban the Tim Henman thread in the general forum, just in case it offends anyone......Life's too short to be this petty .

<_<

Rich

not if we dont vote labour

don't count on it vmail.

If you don't vote labour who do you vote for? Please don't suggest that joke of a party - the conservatives.

You would seriously vote for that greasy weasel of a man Michael Howard?

The country was a disgrace while they were in power, much worse than it is now.

I like Blair, I think he's a good guy - he stuffed up on the war, but what else can you do when America is calling on you to back them up...

We all know they didn't need our military power, just our political position - but if we didn't send troops in... we'd be all mouth and no muscle.

Any other government in power here would back the Americans up in exactly the same way.

nah, just same as last year, no one, oh Ive not got my voting slip yet

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links