Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav

tina2410

Im considering sat nav in my 01 plate yaris. Anyone got any points of views, reviews, pictures of it, etc etc.

Thanks

which sat nav?

Toyota sat nav?

Or you getting a flip screen, like a Alpinr unit?

The toyota one is about £900 from dealers, and isnt that great when compared to other systems.

Now u see this is where i havent got a clue! I dont know the difference really! All I know is Im always getting lost and think it will prove invaluable? What are the prices like with the non toyota one then and what are the facilities? Ie with the toyota one does it shout the directions at u? Can u type in postcodes?? What does it do!!! IM SO CONFUSED! think i need to learn from scratch!

Tina. x

Now u see this is where i havent got a clue! I dont know the difference really! All I know is Im always getting lost and think it will prove invaluable? What are the prices like with the non toyota one then and what are the facilities? Ie with the toyota one does it shout the directions at u? Can u type in postcodes?? What does it do!!! IM SO CONFUSED! think i need to learn from scratch!

Tina. x

Hi Tina

I have been told that your best bet is a PDA attached to your dash with something like TomTom navigator is your best bet...

Its cheaper than a Toyota sat nav system and is much better (my other half used to use it in his Peugeot). You just type in the postcode or town you want to go to and it sorts out the easiest route...

It'll also spot roadworks and traffic jams and divert you or if by chance you take a wrong turning it will rearrange your route for you to get you back on track... it will also shout the way to go at you in this really annoying American voice "At.The.Round.About.Take.The.Second.Exit.To.The.A413"

Very good peice of kit - well thats what I'm getting in mine when I get my money from my accident! :thumbsup:

SO IF I WERE TO GO FOR THE PALM TOP WHICH IS THE BEST MODEL, WHAT SORT OF PRICE AM I LOOKING AT AND WHATS THIS TOM TOM THING! LOL GOD I AM SO NOT WITH THIS SAT NAV THING!"

WHICH MODEL HAS UR PARTNER GOT IN HIS CAR ?

THE 300 SAT NAV LOOKS QUITE GOOD AS WELL THOUGH.

turn those caps off!!!!!!!!!

I have a Ipaq, cost me about £350. Brilliant little thing, runs my life for me.

Just need the software and the hardware. Prices anyone?

SORRY! lol

If its only a couple of hundred quid cheaper for the palm top thing it almost makes sense just to get the built in one fitted!

That does look good the voice of reason! I might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone here.....that palm u have just linked to has a built in mp3 player as well....can u play the mp3's through the Speakers in the car EASILY??

Big advert in Wednesday May 12th Daily Mirror for Aldi, Medion mdppc 250,

"was £349.99 last year, now only £269.99" "

on sale from 9am Thursday 13th May...

:thumbsup:

When it's gone it's gone!

Hi Tina,

I would highly reccomend the PDA approach, having recently invested in it..

my review is here

It is half the price of the cheapest aftermarket system, and (in my case) a tenth of the factory fitted option...

Plus, you can remove it for secuirty AND use it from car to car, as well as in hire cars when you go on holiday...

thats too hard, you need a good map reader in the passenger seat aswell

Big advert in Wednesday May 12th Daily Mirror for Aldi, Medion mdppc 250,

"was £349.99 last year, now only £269.99" "

on sale from 9am Thursday 13th May...

:thumbsup:

When it's gone it's gone!

We got one , & must say it's great :thumbsup: taking it with us to Holland as it doe's all the main roads in Europe aswell :group-cuddles: not bad for £269.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links