Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bank Holiday Pay

vmail

How much will you be getting paid?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How much will you be getting paid?

• Nothing, I wont get paid
    • Normal Rate
    • Time and a half
    • Double Pay
    • Triple Pay
    • More than Tripple Pay
    • Other (eg unmarked bank notes)

I used to get paid double on bank holidays, now its reduced to time and a half, they have also reduced some of our benifits, it a multimillion pound company

ARGH

Cuts

Free Taxi Home

Reduced Meal Allowance

Dont give a f**k about Work Time Regulation

Oh and making me transfer stock, they know Im not insured for business miles

I hate my Job

poor you matt

we used to get paid triple - now a new manager has come along and said we cant have that - so we get normal rate - and whatever we worked we can have as holiday time.

I hate my job

We just get paid normal rate - although working in recruitment I am lucky to get the bleedin bank holidays - we have to work all over Christmas aswell - everywhere else I have worked shuts down at Christmas!

I am thinking of looking elsewhere after I move house - there is a Toyota factory near me at Magna Park - I wonder if they have any decent paid marketing exec jobs going? :D

I doubt it though - I think its the parts factory and the last thing I wanna do is go back to being admin!

I get triple for holidays but I have the feeling that internal politics is gonna change that to double soon... :(

But then again holidays are usually pretty quiet - as you can see my heavy workload this morning consists of read the TOC boards! :lol:

But then again holidays are usually pretty quiet - as you can see my heavy workload this morning consists of read the TOC boards! :lol:

Must be so hard for you Storm - what a terrible job that is - I sympathise! :D :D

I used to have to work it but i got double pay, now i only get normal time but i get the day off. Either way i'm happy

Dude, least you get paid something...

If I were working they wouldn't pay us anything extra, we just get our regular salaries. And as mentioned in a previous post, we work stupidly long hours (averaging around 70 - 80 a week) with no over time paid :angry: We never get any meal consessions, taxi's or anything...

And as far as Working Time Regs go, you'll need to look very carefully into it as there are many clauses and loopholes your company can get away with <_< Initially I thought the company I am currently working for was doing illegal things, but when you look into it further, they are being legal - just unreasonable to their employers.

I am looking for another job where I can work Monday - Friday and maybe the very odd Saturday. But with my qualifications and experience, I won't find anything that will pay what I need to survive.

With regards to you using you own vehicle to do company business. Refuse.

I used to get paid double on bank holidays, now its reduced to time and a half, they have also reduced some of our benifits, it a multimillion pound company

ARGH

Cuts

Free Taxi Home

Reduced Meal Allowance

I hate my Job

what do you work as?

Ditto and if you have an accident during working hours without business insurance your insurance company might start asking lots of awkward questions.

Ditto and if you have an accident during working hours without business insurance your insurance company might start asking lots of awkward questions.

Yep... Not only that but if you do get caught out, you get done it will be classed as not having any insurance - so if you hit another car (or visa versa) you will be well out of pocket :ph34r:

i need a proper job i'm an electrician in training and no one wants to take me on im willing to work and have my own transport i do occansional foreigners for people outdoors sockets, garage conversions, new lights, fault finding and all extremely cheap if aanyone ever wants any electrical work doing in the midlands area just drop me a PM i need to fund the yaris somehow!?!?!

when i was with wetherspoons manager get time in lieu for bank holidays which i find fair ish however on easter sunday one of the busiest food days of the year especially when th pub is directly opposite windsor castle we got sweet FA. The staff also get sweet FA for it . My area manager came in at about 4 o clock this past easter sunday all of them had been working there RSs off. three of them where sat down having a rest (baring in mind my pub was five storeys high thats a lot of walking) and i got a :censor: because i let them WTF. 2 staff walked out that day and i dont blame them why do it you get paid more stacking shelves. If they did get paid more for it they would all of worked harder and not walked around bein :censor: off

sorry to go on but bank/religious holiday pay does wind me up

ed

I Work for a cinema so bank holidays are counted as normal working days :crybaby: thats the leisure industry for ya! :ffs:

We have a choice - double time and a half or time and a half and day off taken later on.

i demand holiday pay and double time for bank holidays

its either that or the finger sir!

ARGH

Cuts

Free Taxi Home

Reduced Meal Allowance

I hate my Job

what do you work as?

Communications Manager at a Restaurant

Oh they have stopped the 6mth PR (Preformance Review) so now I only get a Pay Rise every 12mth instead of every 6mth

With WTR it a break 45min break after 6hrs for over 18s, 2 breaks if working more than 10hrs, and cant start the next shift until 11hrs later

I think the law is a 15min break every 8hrs.

I have worked 14hr without a break.

finished work at 6AM, then started work 12PM

the comapany gets fined 5g's every time the break the WTR, but they probably fiddle with the clock card file.

its actually a 15min break for every 4 hours work...

cant be, when was it changed

for under 18s our WTR is

a 45min break after 4.5hrs

cant work past midnight

must have a 12hr break between shifts

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links