Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiring Neons/leds/cathodes

s0cks

Ok,

So I've been seeing these interior neons/cathodes/led's in peoples cars and thinking "lush!". I've sourced a set of two 12inch cathodes for £5 (meant for computer case modding, but thought I'd put em to better use).

Now, I havent actually bought em yet, but I'd like to know where you wire them too. I've read they have a black and red wire (and that black should be ground - i'm guessing red is live).

Now it would be nice if they came on when the car door was opened and when I turn the lights on. Now, I know I probably can't have it do both, so I'd favour having them come on when the lights are on. Where would I need to wire them up to? And how? I'm guessing a device that lights up when the lights turn on.

Also, if I wanted them just on a switch where would I hard wire it?

Maybe a how to guide by someone who has already done this would be a great idea. We could stick it to the top of the forum.

Cheers for your help guys!

hello mate ive got 2 step by step guides u can have if u like, 1s how to conect a swtich up to the Battery so u can turn them on and off when u want, the other is how to wire them directly to the interior light so they come on wen u open the door they come on, if u wish these pm me ur e-mail addy and ill add u, or jst directly send them 2 u

charlie :thumbsup:

cheers, jst got it, ive also added u 2 msn, ill send them in a sec, altho seems ive lost the 1 about wiring 2 interior light, so ull have 2 bear with me for that 1 but ill send u the 1 with regards to the switch

if the cathodes come with a switch then attach it to the cig lighter power or radio power, thats the easiest way

i had a max power switch and that broke so i am using a normal switch on the Battery - Pm - msn me and ill send you a diagram - this i would say is the easiest and cheapest option!

thanks

Matt

The switch i use looks like this -

0.jpg

And this came free with the cathodes - so my whole hookup was free (except for cathodes)

Cheers :thumbsup:

Matt

wheres the elecy mirro controls

not all models have electric mirrors vmail

no, not that, your coin thingy

Speaking of electrics, if you had electric windows, could you put the switch on the dash??

thats where mine is

the coin thing is where the electric mirrors go on higher models

Where he had his switch, is where my front fogs light button is

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links