Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Installing A Cd Changer To A Yaris

deirdre.obrien

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a boat loader CD changer for my '03' Yaris. It is a sony changer that is supposed to be compatible with Toyota cars.

I think the part number is Sony ATYS001.

How easy is it to connect the interface cables on the changer? I have seen the how-to's on removing the cd/tape players. These appear to involve removing the top and bottom part of the dash. Will I have to do that to connect the interface cables or will the top part of the dash be enough?

I'm trying to decide if I can fit it myself or should I get it fitted professionally.

Thanks,

Deirdre

Hi Deirdre

Just my tuppence worth, but things where wiring is concerned I would always get a pro to do it...

Most places do free fitting with stereo systems nowadays - so if you can get it fitted for free then why not and then you can sit back with a cuppa and let Mr Pro get on with it! :thumbsup:

Angel

Hi there............just a reminder............if you go for the free fitting etc make sure you have all the extra wiring available etc as when you get it fitted they will ask you for it and if you havent got it then they will and it will probably cost you an arm and a leg. If you know what i mean. Or go the whole hog and get a new Hu and Changer.........or bin the changer idea and get an MP3 HU.....get about 180 tracks on one CD.

I'm based in Ireland. It's much cheaper bring in audio equipment from the UK. It rules out free fitting though.

I've got a quote for €60 for installation. It's not too dear. Just thinking that it would might cost €120 to transfere to a new car. It would all add up.

That's why I was going to try and install it myself. However I'm afraid of messing things up with the clips on the dash. Are the clips easy to loose or put back incorrectly?

I might go back to coping my cd's on to tape!!

Hi Deirdre

Just my tuppence worth, but things where wiring is concerned I would always get a pro to do it...

Most places do free fitting with stereo systems nowadays - so if you can get it fitted for free then why not and then you can sit back with a cuppa and let Mr Pro get on with it! :thumbsup:

Angel

Good advice... :thumbsup:

Thanks T-V-O-R! :thumbsup:

Deirdre - would it not be cheaper to buy a CD changer in Ireland with free fitting? Sorry - I am confused that you are buying from here but paying 60 Euros for fitting - surely put those prices together and you can get one with free fitting from Eire?

euro symbol has been on my keyboard for 6 years, its on the 4 KEY, how do I use it

SHIFT + 4 give $

I have the Euro key on my keyboard too but shift and 4 give you the dollar sign!

ALT + CTRL + 4 = € :thumbsup:

Sorry for going off topic!!

Kenny!

or ALT GR + 4

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links