Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T-sport Economy

john23

I was most impressed with my Yaris T-Sport's economy over the weekend.

I drove up to the motorshow on Friday, then down to Poole for the weekend. I managed to get 450 miles between filling up, and the economy meter (reset when I first filled up the tank) showed 48.9mpg! I reckon the actual economy was very slightly better-

450.3 miles / 8.912 gallons ( 40.55 litres / 4.55 ) = 50.5mpg

Fuel in the tank at the time was BP Ultimate 97RON Unleaded

Was most impressed :thumbsup: although I must admit, it doesn't normally get anywhere near that!

Pics from the motorshow are on my website if anyone is interested-

http://www.johnspanton.co.uk/ms.html

I can beat that, once got 18.9mpg over 70 miles... :ph34r:

set off at 7am on a Sunday morning, was there for 7.50am! :D

I'm envious. Best I got was 42 mpg. reckon its due to the drag from my 205 tyres :!Removed!:

My usual mpg in the t-sport is 30-34mpg. Watching Top Gear, aircon reduces the mpg by 5! when switched on. An open window reduces it by 5% - so not as bad.

On long motorway trips I get about 38mpg. But usually I'm scooting it around and about town, and usually putting my foot down :)

Motorway stuff (unrushed) gets me well over 40mpg, but the daily grind down the A1 never gets better than 35ish

42 in summer...down to 35 in winter. Daily commute is only 15 miles each way..so in winter first 5 miles is fuel rich...so not quite so eco friendly.

not bad all in all really.

Vipes

Mine does approx 44 mpg for a 1.0L..I filled her up with BP Ultimate yesterday and went down to Hertfordshire with my Parents in the car (45 miles each way approx) and it only went down off the top petrol gauge mark when we got home..I think it averaged 46.47 mpg doing Motorway and then Dual Carriageway.

i drove to the motor show on wednesday last week in my a4 estate and got a shocking 62.4 mpg. thats chipped with a good bit of over taking over 60 miles.

As a lead-footed driver I normally get about 52 to 54-ish, but I think I dropped below the 50 on my motorshow trip (average speed 71mph over 400 miles - including all the car-park and slow Birmingham part :eek: ).

Best is 64.2 (or something like that) during the winter when I was taking it carefullly in the snow...

1.0 should only just drop into the very high 38s if you're hammering it (sustained 75mph+ cruising and overtaking) or if you have Goodyear tyres imho...

Cheers,

A

mine averages at 44.9mpg

no matter how hard it gets driven it rarely falls below 40mpg

U can't be tryin hard enuf Sam! Take it all the way 2 red!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links