Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This The New Iq?

I found this just now on CARICOS. I personally think it has something of the iQ in it. In fact, there are a number of styling cues that lend me to believe this is an iQ from the future! Of course, if it ever makes it to production, I believe it will sell extremely well, much like the BMW i3 will. But I could be wrong. This is now on my WANT1 list.

2015 Lexus LF-SA Concept

post-113536-0-25556400-1425578447_thumb.

It is rumoured that Toyota and BMW may be co-developing a premium level city car - which would provide Toyota/Lexus with a premium level city car and BMW with a new Mini Minor, to slot in below the current Mini. Which could be something similar to the LF-SA. The LF-SA is about 400mm bigger than the IQ, which would solve the one issue the Americans had with the IQ - not liking the small size of the IQ.

Autocar thought it could be based on the Yaris platform - which could save costs and development time. It may be based on Toyota's new modular platform that the next Prius will kick off with, unless, if Toyota are working with BMW on this, Toyota don't wish to share their modular platform with BMW.

I have been doing some thinking about this concept (and poring over the pictures from Caricos), and I feel more strongly than before that it would -for me, and it appears at least David and maybe Mike too- be a great iQ replacement. Even if only as a Lexus and not a Toyota. I could not however see it as a Scion branded car. Maybe there will be two versions, a basic Toyota -as in materials like the current iQ- and a posh one, the Lexus.

Maybe they saw the potential that the Aston Martin Cygnet had, barring the price and a number of things that Aston should have changed for the better -and then there was that price! Did I mention the price? Talking of which, how much hard earned would this 'potential' iQ descendant/cousin require? I would certainly expect it to be a hybrid as it is a Lexus. Maybe even a full electric version as well as a small engined one. I think it looks good enough even to be a 4x4. I'll end on this note, the more I look at it, the more I like it, the more I want one.

If it comes to fruition as an entry level Lexus, it would probably be priced around £15-23K at todays prices, allowing for some overlap with the base CT200h

The Lexus CT200h is related to the Auris/Corolla - same wheelbase, same drivetrain, etc. So basing the LF-SA on the current European/Japanese Yaris (remember later this year the US will be having a new Yaris based on the new Mazda 2 and built by Mazda in Mexico) could offer petrol, diesel and hybrid versions fairly cheaply in terms of development costs.

Auto Express have this to say about it.

If it comes to fruition as an entry level Lexus, it would probably be priced around £15-23K at todays prices... Sounds reasonable, but not promising according to AE. Shame, I was so looking forward to seeing something like this on the road. Lexus did very well to keep the NX much like the concept, which is why I was hoping they would do the same with this one. DOH!

Okay, so there are some differences between the two.

post-113536-0-66760700-1425602207_thumb.

post-113536-0-88314000-1425602219_thumb.

a) I have read that this is very much a concept & will not actually make production

b ) if it were to make production you wouldn't see it for 3-4 years

c) apparently Lexus did look at the IQ but decided at the time that there wasn't a market for them. Obviously times have changed.

Damn that is hideous, They can keep it, I'll keep my iQ.

Craig.

• Like 2

If its a hybrid it will more likely be closer to £30k. But at least it shouldnt suffer the lack of low speed grunt of the Iq3. Yes I know theres no such thing as a free lunch, but unless your prepared to keep the revs north of 3,000 nothing much happens, then consumption suffers as a result. Anyway I think it looks FAB but will date so quick it will be obsolete quicker than the Iq was, which I think still looks 'current' Colin

Damn that is hideous, They can keep it, I'll keep my iQ.

Craig.

+1 thought it was just me?

• Like 2

No it's not just you.

Lexus and Toyota new designs have just gone plain weird. I'm all for something new or fresh, but there's a limit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links