Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Shock Absorbers

Yarisboy

Would anyone happen to know whether the standard shocks are the same on the 1.0 as they are on the tsport?

I only ask because I got a fairly good quote today to fit the tsport springs I have, and the young chap I was speaking to at the garage wisely asked if I had thought about uprated shocks...

I wouldn't have thought you'd need them for a -20mm drop however..

any help appreciated, thanks

sam

yo sam

t-sport shocks are shorter to compensate for the shorter springs

but....and i need to verify this, i dunno if TS shocks will fit anything other than the TS itself??? i say this as there are specific Koni shocks to fit both the TS and the non-TS versions of the car

its always a good idea to do the shocks at the same time (although its not a desperate measure) as the shorter springs cause the std shocks to effectively being under constant compression....it may cause problems later in life but should be fine for a couple of years or so

just been reading up on all this so relaying info for ya

if you could stretch a bit extra in the near future the addition of the shocks to the TS springs will give you roller skate handling! :D

BTW not saying that lowering on the TS springs shouldnt be done as it should :D

The back end's completely different on the Tsport... ickle stubby dampers and different diameter springs I think...

springs are ok, its just the dampeners i think

ok thanks guys - useful info there :)

I'm willing to do the shocks at the same time rob, i've been quoted £70-75 to do the springs which is the cheapest I can find around here..

how much would I be looking at for some decent shocks to achieve roller skate handling?

I've not got bucket loads of cash at the moment though m8, i'm getting 4 toyo t1-s fitted, tracked and balanced at the same time as the springs :)

just quickly going on fensports prices

KYB fixed rates you looking at roughly £250 +vat

koni adjusters, around £425 +vat

(remember Fensport has the discount aswell)

although i strongly recommend you give Kevin from ENVY a quick nudge as being a goldie etc he should be able to work something out for you

cheers rob :thumbsup:

so the shocks are gonna set me back at least 4 times what i've paid for the springs :lol:

yeah pretty much matey!

still you could throw 500quid at the engine and not get comebacks that are remotly as good!

ill have a burn round later see if i can pull anything else out any good

cool, im more than likely be on MSN lately so ill chat to ya then

back at work this week! booooooooooooo!

I've got a full set of matched Koni springs and dampers, paid over £400, they're brand-new... £300 the lot (struts, springs, dampers, adjuster tool, my granny, everything)

hes got the rather trick HKS suspension instead

I bought two sets of suspension! I'm a fool. A poor fool now...

I bought the Koni stuff, but it's taken two months to arrive... by which point I'd bought some 2nd-hand HKS stuff off eBay... so there's a box of Koni stuff that needs to be sold! :rolleyes:

"but....and i need to verify this, i dunno if TS shocks will fit anything other than the TS itself??? i say this as there are specific Koni shocks to fit both the TS and the non-TS versions of the car"

Could be becos TS have 4 wheel disc brakes while the rest have disc/drums

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links