Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Time To Take The Plunge

RichB

So it's decision time,

The MR2 I have in mind:

1993 Rev 2 Turbo GTS Hardtop

b3.jpg

It's with Julian and JDI and he's done me a bit of a deal on it.

Just need to take the plunge and am hesitant due to the quantities of money involved and the potential future outlays.

Can you chaps help me either way- appeal to my sense of reason (e.g. save the money) - or go for it and ****** the cost.

Look at my Sig...

Dont you want the same!!!... :lol:

if its mechanically sound and if u can get insurance then go for it :)

-Z

Well, it's a genuine 44000 miler and he'll do me a years warrenty on it...

Looks quite neat. But I am worried about spending the money all the same.

Insurance isn't looking too bad, Sarah at Dorset was sorting me out a goodish deal.

She looks well nice - go for it!!!

Rash

Got my car through Julian .. Over 2 years ago now (26 months) ..

If you hyave any Q's ask away ..

with all these replies, and the fact that sarah's a nice lass i'd go for it ;)

-Z

Funny thing is, it's cheaper for me to insure this one, than it is to insure even a n/a Rev 3, let alone the turbo. (with Dorset)

The extra money for a decent Rev 3 I can't afford - there are a couple on the trader which are almost in my price range, but have no history - which is dubious to say the least. I would rather know what I am spending my money on, than buy a clocked / crash repaired rev3 for low money, and then spend the rest repairing the thing.

Besides, buy a decent rev 2, spend less than a grand and you're past rev 3 power anyway - and lets face it, thats all you want - sod LSD as standard and Bilstein struts - its all about go go .

Funny thing is, it's cheaper for me to insure this one, than it is to insure even a n/a Rev 3, let alone the turbo. (with Dorset)

The extra money for a decent Rev 3 I can't afford - there are a couple on the trader which are almost in my price range, but have no history - which is dubious to say the least. I would rather know what I am spending my money on, than buy a clocked / crash repaired rev3 for low money, and then spend the rest repairing the thing.

Besides, buy a decent rev 2, spend less than a grand and you're past rev 3 power anyway - and lets face it, thats all you want - sod LSD as standard and Bilstein struts - its all about go go .

spend a grand on the Rev 3 and watch it go even quicker.. lol :P

Unfortunately the insurance on a rev 3 would kill me at standard, let alone a modded one...

And I have decided to get it.... YES!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :thumbsup:

1993 Black, Hardtop, 70677KM (44173 miles), Black, 5 speed manual, Aircon, PAS, E/W, E/M, CD Stereo, 2 owners from new, Revision 3 rear lights , AVS alloys, 16 inch fronts, 17 inch rears, Trust exhaust, Cusco strut bars.

b5.jpg

b3.jpg

So I need a Rev 3 back panel now urgently (for obvious reasons) and am getting an Apexi cone filter fitted before delivery in about 6 weeks...

COME ON!!!!

looks v nice fella, get back to a twin exit zorst tho' as i cant understand why ne1 would get a single pipe and leave that gaping hole at the other side of the car.

i know u didnt do the zorst :thumbsup:

Yep, Julian is going to supply the Rev3 panel for me - apparently they are easy to come by in Jap land...

The exhaust - I have to agree a little - I like the twin exits also but in this case it was there, and I think it looks ok. When it breaks (if it does) I'd get a quad system fitted anyway!

At the moment I need to save all my pennies for a Unichip.

Don't go quad system... a guy had a white N/A around my way with quad system. It didn't suit it. The gaps are nice and are made just right for Super Drager! :P

I;ve been thinking a bit about the exhausts, and I think you;re probably right, and a quad wold look too much.

I like the Mongoose look, and also saw one with a twin 'Boxter' shape tailpipes that looked pretty good.

What about letter box? Not sure it would suit the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links