Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Brakes And Handling

s0cks

So I'm racing down these country lanes (execllent road - lots and lots of twisties), with this Clio 172 hot on my ***** (fast car!). Anyway I'm not impressed with the T-Sports standard brakes and suspension.

Braking hard for the corners liked to send the car swivilling down the road (a lot of effort to keep the car in a straight line when braking hard), plus they don;t slow you down quick enough imo. Also there is still too much oversteer on this car. You don't have to push it too hard to find yourself drifting.

Now I know the Clio 172 is probably far far superior in all respects, but I need better handling! :P

Wish I had some money for some new tyres, new suspension, and better brake discs + pads.

Anyway... just my thoughts.

yeah - on mine i find it hard to brake quickly - i seem to brake for a long time sometimes and sometimes the abs kicks in when im not even going that fast - pretty shoddy really

I find the T-sport Standard brakes to be top noch.........but only on smooth surfaces I.E duel carrageway.

I have the same problems on the twisties :angry:

anyhow my brakes are getting a re-vamp over the next few weeks so ill post ya on any differences I find :thumbsup:

Niz

when I brake, the pedal refuses to go down, it well p*sses me off

I agree that the handling could be better and the steering seems to be vacant sometimes.But the brakes are really good on mine. We cannot expect to beat a clio 172 they are more powerful to start with. I just stick to racing novas and saxos ,corsa gsi's are good if you can find one.

LMFAO - i bet a massive BMW once! and his daughters were in the car laughing at him - hehe

I am always looking to race a mini cooper but everyone who has one is old or just doesn't look amused at the lights

Oh I agree... The Clio 172 is a faster car by far. But to see how well it stuck to the ground in ym rear view was very impressive. Very little body roll.

You'll prolly be even with the Mini Cooper... but I bet if you took it into the twisties you'd loose em (if they knew how to drive) as it has a wide and long wheel base it sticks to the ground very well.

Nizan, I'd be very interested to see what difference new disc's and pads make. Let me know!

yeah i fine that with the TTE coilovers under heavy breaking the car was wobbeling. so i got my mechanic to modify the spring mounts on the dampers so i could take out the helper springs and put in the normal size springs used for most coil over applications it also means i just take out the spring and drop a harder one in (of the shelf) boy does it stick to the road

however the back tends to break away too much onder heavy breaking in corners etc which im not happy with

the yaris is very light on the back end, i actually found with the ICE install in the boot it helped to keep the back end in check, probably due to the extra weight

Oh I agree... The Clio 172 is a faster car by far. But to see how well it stuck to the ground in ym rear view was very impressive. Very little body roll.

You'll prolly be even with the Mini Cooper... but I bet if you took it into the twisties you'd loose em (if they knew how to drive) as it has a wide and long wheel base it sticks to the ground very well.

Nizan, I'd be very interested to see what difference new disc's and pads make. Let me know!

will do mate, pads are coming from Japan and not quite ordered yet (tommorow i hopee :P ) so will be a few weeks :thumbsup:

Coilovers should arrive next week with the new top mounts so once thats fitted ill let you know the bodyroll situation too :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links