Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shift Indicator Totally Out Of Sync; Useless Rv Mirror

byzantian

I've had my IQ for around six months now and am very pleased with it, other than on two counts.

Firstly, the gear shift indicator tells me to change up when the engine is already labouring; I might be doing 30 in fourth on a straight road and the indicator lights up, when I know that changing into fifth will result in the engine labouring.

Secondly, the pathetic rearview mirror seems totally hopeless at night, the electronics have no effect on reducing the glare. I had a similar problem with the rear view mirror on my Citroen C4. Why are manufacturers introducing electronics when they are inferior to the tried and tested mirror with a manual flick-down switch.

Anybody out there having either of these two problems with their IQs?

Hi

I dont have a manual iQ but i can say my rearview mirror works perfectly giving approaching vehicals lights a very reduced blue tint

Guess you have a fault on it.

I think others on here would agree with you about the gear shift indicator and have taken to ignoring it

David

• Like 1

I agree with the Shift Lights, waste of time.

Rear View mirror works perfectly, I never even notice dazzling lights from behind now unless they are spotted in the wing mirrors. Sorry, but I have to aske the question "Has the electric mirror been switched off?" The little geen light should be on next to the button on the mirror to show it is activated. Perhaps previous owner switched it off and it never been on for you?

• Like 1

I agree with the Shift Lights, waste of time.

Rear View mirror works perfectly, I never even notice dazzling lights from behind now unless they are spotted in the wing mirrors. Sorry, but I have to aske the question "Has the electric mirror been switched off?" The little geen light should be on next to the button on the mirror to show it is activated. Perhaps previous owner switched it off and it never been on for you?

In that case there is a problem with my unit as whether the green light is on or off makes no difference at all as

Hi

I dont have a manual iQ but i can say my rearview mirror works perfectly giving approaching vehicals lights a very reduced blue tint

Guess you have a fault on it.

I think others on here would agree with you about the gear shift indicator and have taken to ignoring it

David

Interesting, but do you think these electronics work better than the traditional manual method of deflecting the mirror to reduce glare?

to the glare in the mirror.

Glad to hear others have the same experience of the gear shift indicator light :blow:

I had a friend who had a dipping mirror. On a quiet road you could here it clunking all the time as it flipped. Nothing to wear out on ours

David

• Like 1

Can you check to make sure nothing is covering the sensors on the mirror housing? There is a forward facing one (looking out the windscreen) and one facing rearwards next to the button and green light.

• Like 1

Can you check to make sure nothing is covering the sensors on the mirror housing? There is a forward facing one (looking out the windscreen) and one facing rearwards next to the button and green light.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look as I didn't realise there was also a forward-facing sensor

I think it works by monitoring and comparing light levels. If brighter light is detected on the rear facing sensor it should dim the glass.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links