Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev 3 Centre Panel

B7LER

Can anyone get a hold of a rev 3 panel , i`ve tried everywhere .The thing is it`s getting painted in a week or 2 and i can`t source one from anywhere....help ! :crybaby:

you could find it hard to get one mate. Alot of places won't seperate the rev3 rear lights.

Reverse lights aren't a legal requirement so get the rev6 panel from rogue.

I just sold my rev3 centre panel to JappyBeast.

Can anyone get a hold of a rev 3 panel , i`ve tried everywhere .The thing is it`s getting painted in a week or 2 and i can`t source one from anywhere....help ! :crybaby:

You will never get one, I looked for months.

I'll flog mine for the right price and a rev6 one ..

Problem is, a rev 6 one does not have reverse lights in - thus causing a problem if you have rev 3 rears on a rev 1 or 2.

Not fussed about the reverse lights ..

If you opt for the Rev 6 panel, you might be able to find some small reversing lights from somewhere to retro fit. Do a google search and see what you can find.

This site for example has lots of different types of lights:

http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/SVCMORELIGHTS.HTM

or try here:

http://www.esp-plastics.co.uk/kitcar_lights.html

I got these from a quick search for kit car lights in the UK. You may be able to do even better.....

I think the rev 6 panel isn't too expensive <£50 from Rogue

The chap who is importing my car is also getting me a Rev 3 panel from Japan where they are easier to come by apparently.

MATT why don't you put in LED reverse lights?

LED's simply wouldn't have the power to light up the back of the car. You could use the Luxon stars, but I believe 3W is the max you'll get out of them. You would be better off with standard bulbs. Just check out the kit car sites for something of the right size.

Or have a chat with Jason at MTTE parts - and he can sort you out a rev 3 centre panel in the colour of your choosing.

What colour are you after matey???

The greyish blue(blueish grey) colour thats the orig toyota colour,can`t remember the code...! But failing that any colour ,like i said it`s gettin a new coat... cheers muchos gracias b7ler...#7 :D Same as the photo on the left...

What colour are you after matey???

i am desperate for a red one if anyone knows where i can get one. haven't made any enquiries of my own yet as to where i can get one.

I'm sorry but the ultra bright LED's used in plug'n play dash lights tec are loads brighter than the standard reverse lamps used today!

I wouldn't have thought the beam throw or width would be enough, for beam length and light spread, you can't beat incadescent bulbs. LED's have a tight angle of light output. I suppose if you were to put several together in a matrix, it might work, but it starts getings expensive then...

No offence, but I still stand by what I said originally. The max output of an LED is around 3W and that's a Luxon star, which has to have a large heatsink in order to remain cool. I would expect standard incadescent reversing lights to put out around 5-10W minimum, and more likely 20W, which is loads more than a 3W LED.

LED's are beginning to make half decent hand torches, but still aren't powerful enough to replace incadescent bulbs (especially the white ones since some of the light is saturated by the phospher layer required to turn the blue light white) and certainly can't touch anything halogen.

And if you can pick up a pair of normal lights for around £10 from a kit car site, why bother spending more?

lol. thats it.. just throw a load of figures at me!

You dont need to see far with reverse lamps tho do you?

Lol sorry mate, but I'm a bit of a techie, and follow LED developments closely, like you, I'm looking forward to when they are good enough to replace ordinary bulbs, they're getting there, but not just yet.

I think you do need to see quite a long way with reversing lights, I immediately notice the difference between cars with good lights and cars with bad ones, TBH I'd rather see what it is I'm about to back in to :).

just thawt i'd update tho se of u that wanted to know if i could get the rev3 panels.

Short answer is NO, lol

The damn shops shut down, and no idea where he's relocated to, (if at all!).

I'll talk 2 some m8's down at the garage 2moro, c if they know what happened to him.

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links