Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cylinder Head

Yaris WRC

any one interested in a cylinder head (un modified) for the T-sport for £370 including shipping?

mmmmmm interesting :hokus-pokus:

do I need to let you know soon or can you give me a few days?

Niz

it wont do much for you i dont think lol if you have a 1.3L. this is for the 1.5L. the cylinder head is what lets fuel and air into your engine/ also lets out the exhaust gas

you can get them polished to improve airflow thus increasing efficiency and power. but it can take some time to get the work done meaning your car will be off the road....that why its smart to but a spare cylinder head to get modified then its just a matter of changing them over and decreasing the down time of your car :thumbsup:

it wont do much for you i dont think lol if you have a 1.3L. this is for the 1.5L. the cylinder head is what lets fuel and air into your engine/ also lets out the exhaust gas

you can get them polished to improve airflow thus increasing efficiency and power. but it can take some time to get the work done meaning your car will be off the road....that why its smart to but a spare cylinder head to get modified then its just a matter of changing them over and decreasing the down time of your car :thumbsup:

great minds think alike :thumbsup:

hmmm sounds interesting

just per chance have you done anything to your current head mate?

well the head thats on my car at the moment has othing done to it. the head i have from america is ported and polished, the head i have in my garaged is as yet, un-modified.

but once i get my HKS exhaust manifold on to the head from america it might need re done (port matched) i will have 2 spare heads.

im guessing you wanted me to tell you if i noticed any difference with a modified head jaxx? lol well i cant answer that yet, but my mechanic says it will really help the engine as the ports go straight down onto the valves, he says it would make a great car to put Throttle bodies on...but i told him no.

yes mate was interested in that as if you had a good responmse from it i would probably have the head and have similar work done

wouldnt bother with throttle bodies matey either not with the the turbo

it can be done but will be more trouble than its worth

i generally take it as a 'one thing or the other' with 'bodies and turbos

ill catch up with ya one night as i want more info on this HKS turbo

Jaxx, if I get mine done too then you can buy the standard head off me of if you get it done first visa-versa, un-less there ar still two for sale of corse??

we could have like a stop gap Head circulating the TOC alowing us all to port polish our heads without losing road time :thumbsup:

Just orederd my new manifold today so might try getting it all done at same time (around 3-4 weeks)

Niz

lol no worries. haha a spare head circulating all the t-sport owners would be funny. jaxx i didnt mean i was getting throttle bodies and a turbo. the mechanic wanted me to go Normally Aspirated.

yes mate thats what i meant aswell

it is possible to run 'bodies with a turbo, but not worth it as far as im concerned

one or t' other!

Quick question - what do throttle bodies do? :huh:

look in your engine bay and youll see the throttle body, its the round thing with the flap inside on the other end of the air filter

the little flap swivels and opens up inside when you hit the GO pedal therefore allowing more fuel/air in

technically saying that, all cars have throttle bodies anyway!

but the term 'to add throttle bodies' is generally meaning that you strip the intake manifold off, and fit a separate throttle body in for each cylinder! so in the case of the yaris you will have four. you then have 4 lots of equipment all working on getting the fuel air in without having to worry about dividing the mix between four cyls on the inlet

this is the most effective way of getting more power out of a normally aspirated engine, but cripples the fuel economy!

ever heard the term - twin 40's or twin 45's, or sometimes known as jugs!

40s_crossover_tubes.jpg

Ah I see. Cheers Jaxx - great description. :)

A couple of mates years ago used to talk about the Weber stuff now and again for older cars (never been that interested in old cars) and I never bothered to ask what it was all about, now I know!

Yaris WRC: Im about 85% sure ill have it, just waiting for some final quotes for the head work,

if you get another offer in the mean time let me know and ill probably snap one up there and then :thumbsup:

cheers

Niz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links