Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cambelt

Markturbo

I have a k reg mr2 turbo i was just wondering what sort of prices have you lot paid for a cambelt change, i have been quoted around £200 and i was under the empression that if they snapped that it wouldn't do any damage to the engine but the mechanic says its likely to do alot of damage on my engine which he says is 3sgte engine

the engine is non interface .. so "it'll not do any damage" .. but if you are at high revs when it lets go .. it will cause damage ..

and when is the belt more likely to snap, at 1k rpm or 6,500rpm ??

it's about a 4/5 hour job I think ..

I believe to change a cambelt on the turbo requires either the engine out, or removal of the back axle and turbo...

So I would think if the £200 is a inclusive of VAT charge at a reputable garage this is not a bad deal.

As for changing it - yes, it will do damage if it snaps... you could be looking at head rebuilds and new pistons in the worst case.

£200 is a bargain!, ive been given some crazy quotes, £800+ :eek:

Where is that garage?,im drivin over lol.

cheers for that its just my local mechanic who has qouted me but i can see it being a bit more than £200 when he starts the job properly

Fizz - had the cambelt on his Rev-3 Tubby done recently - i'm sure he has a story to tell....

Rash

Fizz - had the cambelt on his Rev-3 Tubby done recently - i'm sure he has a story to tell....

Rash

aint that the truth... :rolleyes:

Cambelt story

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links