Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wee Orange-y Warning Light!

big pimp

ok, pretty much every time i've taken the car out for a run, after about 25mins the wee orange engine warning light (i think) comes on - i've checked coolant, oil, etc, but cant see anything wrong... the car def doesn't seem to be overheating - anyone have any ideas?

cheers,

Ross

its not the fuel cut safety thing is it?? does ur car not wanna accelerate once the light comes on?, and do u hav to turn the ignition off b4 it runs properly again?

no mate - she runs fine! - no bother at all.... if i do turn it off, and then jump her when she's moving (say in 4th, etc.) the light stays off for about 5 - 10 mins, and then comes back on....

only thing i'm thinking of is that the speedo isn't connected at the minute - i mustn't of clicked it back in tight enough when i was adding my new stainless steel clocks B)

Best thing is to check if the ECU is chucking any error codes ..

Also Added to the How-To thread in the stickies ..

QUOTE (tony4 @ Jun 2 2004, 04:30 PM)

hey... slight off topic.... isn't that jim's car?

:D :D :D

That's an evil comment! :)

You are getting an error because the speedo isn't connected. No pulses (they go from gearbox to speedo then back to ECU) tells the ECU there is an error and the little light comes on. Sort out your speedo and it will go away.

QUOTE (tony4 @ Jun 2 2004, 04:30 PM)
hey... slight off topic.... isn't that jim's car?

:D :D :D

That's an evil comment! :)

...ha ha... yeah mate, but he hasn't said anything since i told him it was mine :)

lol... nah.. it's not my car.

That's too slow to be my car.....  ;)

it's not that slow mate!

not tubby fast, but she's not shy either!

Mine gets this occationally, Always on the motorway and ONLY when i have used dross Tesco fuel (so dont now :ph34r: ) and its not done it since..... knock sensor? Being a jap import its set up for 100 ron fuel, and im sure tesco's probably struggles to make standard uk ron judging by the quality of their baked beans!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links