Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speakers!

Ryan1985

Hi just found out my front driver side door speaker ain't workin, dunno how long its been like that 4 as i didn't notice because of the tweeters!

Could it be blown or is that very unlikely? Could it be a loose connection?

And recently i had my window regulator replaced by an apprentice mechanic at Toyota under warranty and the door panel wos off, so do u think i should take it 2 back 2 them and they could have a look?

Cheers :thumbsup:

P.S this has really annoyed me :ffs:

probably a loose wire,

do they work as a component set with a crossover dude?

Jaxx can u re-phrase that in english! :lol:

All i know is that they run from the headunit and Speakers are in the door and the tweeters are on the dash!

I faded it rite over 2 the right and heard nuthin apart from the tweeter!

right

you know what i mean by a component set, ie you have the mid range speaker and the tweeter

in this case you have the mid in the door and the tweeter on the dash

is there a little box that splits the spound to the two Speakers (crossover)

or does the tweeter connect to the mid and they are both ran directly by the headunit?

Where would this little box be jaxx if i had 1?

If a speaker is blown, it will often make a 'farting' type noise for a while before giving up completely, and possible smoke a bit (like a sub I had once - took it back to the shop, and they agreed to a replacement after plugging it in and watching smoke coming out the back!).

A loose wire sounds more likely. I would take it back to Toyota, especially if they are original equipment Speakers. Sounds like the apprentice might have dislodged a wire or something.

dont think ryans comps have a x-over. I had a look at them in a shop a while back, and saw no xo

I take it they r the originals, so no they are not components!

Lovely paper jobbies.

No Chappers they are not the originals, look below!

Nah jaxx i got a place in Glasgow called 'Drivers' to do it and it wos a good job they made of it!

Anyway, its booked in2 Toyota 2moro and i hope they're not expectin any money 4 them to do this! :ffs:

Also how are the wires attached 2 the Speakers? On my 6x9's they have like wee red bits holding them on 2 the +/- terminals, is that wot its like with the front Speakers or are they soldered or attached in another way?

personally id check the window mechanisms to see if they have damaged the wiring at all as ive suffered that one!

take it to toyota for them to have a 'look' at and not charge you!

youll be lucky!

No Chappers they are not the originals, look below!

Silly me, all this confusion's making my head hurt! :thumbsup:

Took it 2 Toyota 2day and they took the door panel off and the wire had come off cos the window hit it! And guess wot my car wos in 4 last week? 2 get a new window regulator and they had 2 take the window out 2 do this! Free of charge aswell so i'm well happy!

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links