Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Dressing...

T V O R

Does anyone use tyre wall dressing on their cars?

I have tried loads of products over the years, I remember using black tyre paint back in the eighties and keeping the brush in meths for the next time!

Anyway, I purchased some "Turtle Wax Extreme Tyre Gel" from Halfords, on special offer, it’s applied with a cloth or sponge (which is what I used) and it’s the mutt’s nuts!

No over spray on your alloys, no spills just rub on the tyre let it dry and it gives the tyre a what feels like a fine rubber coating. It’s hard to explain the finish but it’s shiny, black and looks great!

500ml for £4.99, the tyres look fantastic! :thumbsup:

Doing a bit of advertistement hey. :lol:

Yeah i use the liquid stuff from wonder tyres, that's good too :thumbsup: also tried that spray on foam stuff which wasn't too bad.

Haven't tried turtle wax tyre stuff.

i use AutoGlym rubber and vinyl care, although chuck it in a small pot and then use a brush to 'scrub' it on, using the spray thing just makes a mess of eveyrthing! lasts for weeks!

Thats the stuff i use. its smells lovely too? put it on with a sponge (like the ones you get to do the washing up with) and it saves waste and goes on a lot easier.

At the moment Halfords are doing 2 for 1 on all turtle wax products so get yourself a baragin!

yeah - should look after my car a lil better!

It's never a part of the car that you usually associate with cleaning.

I've had loads of cars over my life so far and this is the first time I've ever cleaned the tyres on any of them. Once you see the difference though, for such a little effort too, you'll be a convert.

Rich

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links