Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Pads...

T V O R

This might seem like a daft question, but why are my brake pads on the rear of my car Blue?!

I’ve never seen Blue pads before. Is it cosmetic or just a different material?

Thanks in advance. :help:

mine are funny coulour too, but they last bloddy ages, got 2.5mm left after 24K and ive been trough 3 sets of fronts in that time :eek:

might be a magic compound lol :lol:

might be magic compound....or it could be the fact that rear brakes in general only do 20-30% of the total braking on a car!

im aware of this but on all my past cars ive never gone through pads at almost a 4-1 ratio :eek:

then again the front brake bias on the Yaris might be huge, thats whey it feels so skitty at the back under breaking???

i think the bias is 85-15% on the TS?

Why Blue though?

Are there different colours available?

Maybe Angel might be interest in Blue brake pads! I feel a business plan coming on :D

Different coloured brake pads for your car :thumbsup:

The pad material isn't anything special as far as I'm aware. Can't believe my Toyota dealer wants £110 just to put new rear pads on though!

They seems to last ages on the rear though - I've done 50000 miles in my T-Sport now, and I'm still on my original rear pads. When it went in for its last service, Toyota said that they are 80% worn and will need replacing soon. Still, if there is 20% left on them, then I should get a good few thousand miles more at least. My fronts last about 20k, so it would look like a ratio of about 3:1 (Fronts:Rears). I do a fair bit of motorway driving, which probably helps them last longer.

Talking of brakes, I'm thinking about getting some high performance front discs at some point in the future. Anyone got any recommendations?

I think ENVY have a new disc on the market 4 the Yaris and i think Nizan is gettin them so i think thats ur best bet!

Cheers :thumbsup:

wow 85-15 ratio thats quite big :eek:

yeah i got the 3g rs discs on the way plus some Endless Street Racing Pads coming from Japan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links