Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ran Off The Road

Yarisboy

Just been forced off a country lane by a woman in a landcruiser, wonderful.

thankfully the only damage is a burst tyre.. so it's a good job i've got 4 toyo's on the way! :D

Nice!!

And i bet she didnt realise?

Glad your in 1 piece anyhow

cheers dave,

and you are bang right m8 - didn't even blink, didn't brake, pause, stop, check i wasn't dead or anything!

I doubt she'd even realised she'd done it :(

but when a landcruiser comes careering on to your side of the road at around 40mph off a bend... you only have 2 choices;

get out of its way

become pulped

I think I made the right choice

i was going along a small country road and a bloke stopped on other side of road in opposite direction and got out of his car just before i went by him! i had to go into the bush!! - HE OPENED HIS F**KING DOOR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!??

Anyway i was lucky - no damage whatsoever!

unlucky sam dude

glad it wasnt worse and the up point is at least you got a fresh set of rubbers on the way so you aint out of pocket

What a B :censor: itch

Glad ur ok though mate.

:censor: Women drivers :P

lol, thanks guys :)

the only complication was I couldn't put on my spare wheel for about 30 minutes cos the wrench in the boot wouldn't fit inside my alloys :lol:

so I had to wait for someone to bring something that would fit!

Wonder why so many yari' are getting roughed up recently? :unsure:

Glad your ok Sam - just spoke to you about this on MSN so you know how ratted off I get about silly drivers!

Anyway at least you are ok and Yaris has come away with minor damage...

I mean do these people not look whats happening around them? Makes me ANGRY...

And you wouldnt like me when I'm ANGRY.... :ffs: :D :thumbsup:

Just been forced off a country lane by a woman in a landcruiser, wonderful.

Bl :censor: dy Toyota drivers. Think they own the road!!! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear this, glad your ok.

Hope you managed to get a number plate on the 4X4. :angry:

At least it was a Land Cruiser and not a large SUV. Imagine a Sequoia or Expedition (if y'all have those over there)

Glad to hear you're okay Sam - you obviously have the same style of cloaking device fitted to your car as I have on mine... Shame they seem to come as standard! I find that even if its overcast I turn my sidelights on.

LeeRon,

At least it was a Land Cruiser and not a large SUV. Imagine a Sequoia or Expedition (if y'all have those over there)

Thankfully th Landcruiser Amazon is as big as we get over here - those monsters (the Ni$$an Pathfinder Armada being my favourite) can hardly fit on a motorway over her, let alone a country road!

Take care,

Alan

See even Toyota driver are as***les too

Glad Samboy is in 1 piece :thumbsup: Get a humvee Sam - that'll teach her next time :lol:

lol thanks again guys :)

I've often thought about getting a humvee to teach these people who drive 4x4's what a real 4x4 is!

seems the yaris-toc-curse is still upon us then :(

glad ur ok mate, some dirvers these days, i nearly had a merc crash into me, bloddy thing, decided to undertake me at a roundabout and then take the same exit as me, :ffs: then zooming off under and over taking ppl zooming in and out of the traffic

Glad to hear you're okay Sam - you obviously have the same style of cloaking device fitted to your car as I have on mine... Shame they seem to come as standard! I find that even if its overcast I turn my sidelights on.

LeeRon,

Thankfully th Landcruiser Amazon is as big as we get over here - those monsters (the Ni$$an Pathfinder Armada being my favourite) can hardly fit on a motorway over her, let alone a country road!

Take care,

Alan

LOL.

Yeah, over here, especially in Nebraska, you see quite a few Suburbans or larger. I had to drive a truck at my squadron the other day that was basically the same frame and slightly smaller measurements as a suburban, but with a bed instead of passenger area (a GMC 1500 long-bed).

Why on earth people love to drive them blows my mind. I don't think you could make a U-turn in a 40 acre field, there was no road feel whatsoever in the steering, and I could've hidden my Echo easily in the blind spots. It's astounding measurements (133" wheelbase, 224 total inches in lenth... I think thats 337 centimeters wheelbase and 568 centimeters total length). It was very, very not fun. This is coming from someone who has previously owned a Jeep and actually learned to drive in a Jeep Cherokee.

When I got back into my truck (a more modest, midget-size-by-US-standards Sonoma) it actually felt agile and sporty. I bet even my mini-truck would be a pain in the butt in Europe.... it's roughly the same size as a Ford Ranger Supercab, so I'll leave the speculation up to someone that has more experience over there.

Anyway, sorry to divert so much. Glad you're okay dude. I one almost got run off the road by an out of control 4Runner on the Pacific Coast Highway. Why on earth someone would drive at any speed over 35 MPH on that road in an SUV blows my mind. At least you had the option of being run off the road... there's no margin for error on the PCH.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links