Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blanking The Egr

shogunswb

I noticed on the last few trips that my son's 59 plate 1.0 IQ was hesitating under acceleration & the the fuel consumption was up. After a 400 mile round trip to London yesterday I also noticed a lot of soot around the exhaust pipe.

Quick look on the forum & an even quicker look under the bonnet & you guessed it, it has the old pipe above the cat.

As I do the servicing on it there's no way I'm going to get Toyota to change it out of goodwill so I'm left with two options.

Have it changed myself or blank it off.

Never really been a fan of pumping exhaust fumes back into the combustion chamber so I'm thinking a blanking plate is the way to go.

Any thoughts?

It is worth using a course of Redex. Initially i had the problem but having a good relationship with my local dealer i was able to have the parts replaced as a good will gesture. It is in fact a design fault with a bulletin issued about it. Part of the"repair" is to replace the inlet manifold. But this is because a small feed hole in it gets blocked and rather Toyota spend labour time cleaning it they replace it. The changing of the inlet manifold isn't a defacto modification as soot ( much more slower) still starts building up again with the symptoms slowly re-emerging. I used 8 treatments of Redex ( one treatment per tank fuel) (4 to a bottle at £8). For me the results were just short of miraculous after 4 treatment. I would say its well worth trying a bottle before stripping it down

David

I must admit I hadn't thought of Redex as a cure but for a few quid is worth a go.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links