Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Spec Question

mhc

Hello all,

As ex Smart Fortwo owners, we decided the next step forward after a few breakdowns and issues with the Smart gearbox, was a Toyota IQ, so we'll be picking up our IQ2 on Thursday from our local dealer,and i'm trying to find out a bit more about the spec of the IQ models as the dealer was a bit vague on the subject other than saying it was 'a high spec one'

Our car is a 2012 with dark chrome wheels and black/red leather interior, the interior is a new one as i'd looked at a few iq's and never seen this particular interior, i'll try and include a picture of it, but can anyone tell me anything about the spec of our iq?

Other than that, i loved the test drive, and am looking forward to picking it up and browsing the forums!

Sorry, no picture but a link instead:

http://www.transcal.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/portfolio/431/after-gallery/40a.JPG

• Like 1

Nice interior! I have red leather with white accents.

Spec-wise, your car will be pretty much the same as every other iQ2 on the roads - There really is very little to distinguish them. Perhaps take a look at the ads on AutoTrader.co.uk to get a better idea. The only difference will probably be the leather - But what a big difference that'll be!

I almost bought a Smart, but the iQ seemed to be miles ahead in terms of quality and safety.

Chris

iQ² ☆ black with red leather ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

Thanks Chris,

We had a standard Smart and the Brabus version but had several breakdowns due to the gearbox and actuator so got fed up of it.

Looking at the picture of our new interior and going through some posts on this forum it looks like it's a special order job through Toyota from Transcal.

The seats look a lot chunkier than both the standard IQ seats and the normal leather ones, which is why i was a bit confused regarding spec.

i think the wheels are probably an optional extra, i've seen a couple of others doing an image search.

Can't wait to pick it up and have a good look around, and i'll be having a good look at yours as an inspiration for some mods!

:)

Hi

Did you go for the manual or multi drive?

The auto gearbox is supurb

David

Hi David,

We went for the manual.

After the problems we'd had with the Smart semi-auto 'box we both wanted a manual, although i'm sure the IQ auto is better than the Smart (which wouldn't be hard!)

Its the only thing that puts me off smarts. My sister has had 2 and loves them. She also has a Nissan Duke auto so not sure how she still keeps the smart and suffers that gearbox

David

The Smart gearbox is fine when it works, in full auto it's very slow to respond, especially if you need to put your foot down to pull out! you put your foot down, wait for it to kick down, wait for it...... wait for it.... wait..... then it kicks down and you have acceleration! in tiptronic it was better as you have a little more control over the changes, and the Brabus was the best of the lot as it had paddle shift.

I think it's something you get used to, you learn to sort of pre-empt gear changes a few seconds early, but i know i'd prefer a manual now.

The problem was with the software and with the actuator, which was situated right underneath the car, so an electrical component exposed to water/muck/salt. not the best design!

We actually looked at the Nissan Juke but i didn't see the benefit of the extra size and especially as most aren't four wheel drive it just seemed like a jacked up fiesta!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links