Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nigel The Iq

Mr Tingle

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the TOC forums but have had my Iq for a year now. His name is Nigel, an Iq1 1.0l.

Now I guess he's not the obvious choice of commuter but we've racked up 30k miles this year and we have just gone through our 80k mile marker. He's been absolutely faultless over that time being serviced every 10k miles, and new pads, discs and tyres all round. Now that we are well out of the warranty period, I aim to do all the servicing myself with OEM parts as the plan is to run him and see how long he lasts. I'm not sure what the record is for high mileage Iqs but we'll see where we are in a couple of years!

On a 320 mile trip on Friday he returned 67mpg (fill to top up, not what the computer says) so he's getting better with age!

post-149219-0-20004000-1436785692_thumb.

• Like 2

Hello Adam and Nigel - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Hi Adam and of course Nigel! I'm new to the forum too but have only recently acquired my iQ so I am yet to see what I get for my daily commute, which isn't far but it is mainly dual carriageway.

Nigel's a brillant name by the way - my iQ is Mouse (long'ish and slightly daft story!)

Cheers,

Nicola

Hello and welcome, glad your iQ is a keeper :)

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the TOC forums but have had my Iq for a year now. His name is Nigel, an Iq1 1.0l.

Now I guess he's not the obvious choice of commuter but we've racked up 30k miles this year and we have just gone through our 80k mile marker. He's been absolutely faultless over that time being serviced every 10k miles, and new pads, discs and tyres all round. Now that we are well out of the warranty period, I aim to do all the servicing myself with OEM parts as the plan is to run him and see how long he lasts. I'm not sure what the record is for high mileage Iqs but we'll see where we are in a couple of years!

On a 320 mile trip on Friday he returned 67mpg (fill to top up, not what the computer says) so he's getting better with age!

Hi Adam, Welcome to the forum, and Nigel of course... Our iQ is called GoFfy and ours is a 1.0L manual (the GF being part of the reg and my wife's family name of Goff. Great MPG). Just got a surprise from Fuelly entry, 62 mpg. Pleased with that. Great little car the iQ.

• 4 months later...

So just a very quick revival and update! Nigel has just passed 93k miles with nothing more than a headlight and service. I fill him up about 3 times a week and get between 350 and 400 miles from a tank :) although it's a game of roulette sometimes when the fuel light comes on with a predicted 100 miles left in the tank!

Had 3 small bails of hay in with the seats down and has been handling the muddy tracks with aplomb recently with all the rain; the Traction control works very well! Looking forward to seeing 100k come up on the clock!

• Like 3

That is some serious mileage you are doing a week :driving:

You'll be catching up to me soon, I've just ticked over to 160000 miles on mine. Going to service it tomorrow

• Like 1

160000! Amazing! How have you found wear and tear as you've ticked off the miles? You'll take a heck of a lot of catching, though it's reassuring to know that with good servicing they can reach the higher mileages as most don't seem to do too many!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

350-400 miles from a tank !!!!!!

I'm lucky if I clear 250..... :(

I've got 17" tyres, knew that would affect my MPG but not by that much, I'm quite a careful driver (55-65 on most occasions)....

It all depends on what you call a tank? To me a tankful is when I fill up 100 miles after the gauge starts flashing so that is on average for me about 30 to 32 liters. If however you fill up as soon as the gauge starts flashing then that will about 24 liters, that could be a tankful to some people.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links