Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

De-handling?

Ryan1985

Dunno wot section this should be in but I've put it here anyway!

Can someone outline the main stages in order 2 de-handle a car?

I'm thinkin of gettin my rear doors de-handled whilst its in gettin the dents fixed! Also how much do u think this would add 2 the cost?

Cheers :thumbsup:

do you then intend to just open the doors by reaching into the back?? or by the use of somekind of electronic release system?

the simple way by just doing in from inside:

remove door cards

remove exterior handle in whatever way that may be

ensure the interior release still works with no problems and modify if need be

have a plate welded over the hole and have a bodyshop blend smooth and paint it back in

under no circumstances attempt to just have body filler placed in the hole and expect it to look right! as it wont! it MUST be welded

as for the electronic output

do the above steps but incorporate some electronic solenoids to release the doors, these can be either activated by push buttons in the car or by the use of AUX outputs from an alarm system so you can actually release the doors off the key fob!

then have it all plated up etc...

just dont run out of remote batteries (or remotes)

or a malfunction in the central locking, or a dead Battery..

all will cause u to brute force the doors

i think ill stick to handles...

or you can put something as loveley as this:

(did it in 5 secs so dont tell me im a lousy "photoshopper")

looks fine to me ROFL

:D

post-49-1086339401.jpg

sounds like a lot of trouble for a couple of handles ryan m8...

and even without handles you're still going to have the rear doors!....

I can see what you're getting at with the hidden handle effect ala alfa..

but surely the purpose of it is to make it look like the car doesn't have rear doors? :D

in all fair honesty its quite an easy job to do the bodywork for a skilled workman

the tricky bit is being the sure the interior handle is not dependant on the exterior handle in anyway to release the door, and or the fitment of solenoids, which isnt rocket science but you gotta make sure they are secure and not gonna pull the solenoid off instead of trying to open the door! :lol:

i was thinking of doing my doors in the same way! :blink: as it gives it the 'flushed' look to match the boot...

BUT i have the fears of not being able to get back in as it would be solely electronic as the boot is flushed aswell and if the Battery packed up for any reason then i would be screwed!

also its the law that there is some means of mechanical entry to within the vehicle at all times! :eek:

as for doing it on the rear doors i find it a good idea on a 5 door as you get the Alfa-esque styling, will help to look a bit more of a 3 door but still have the balance of a 5 door (make sense? :wacko: )

To de-handlamize your automobile, simply reduce all tyres to approx 14PSI (1bar) hacksaw through the front left and rear right springs a couple of times, then coat the steeering wheel in grease.

Easy!

To de-handlamize your automobile, simply reduce all tyres to approx 14PSI (1bar) hacksaw through the front left and rear right springs a couple of times, then coat the steeering wheel in grease.

Easy!

Tonught mathew, super !Removed! is....

George Bush!! (The automobilezational expert) :lol::lol:

:thumbsup:

Cheers people thought i mite get it done because both the doors are gettin fixed 4 dents anyway! I've got 2 quotes comin in the post and will get some more 2moro!

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links