Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Neon Lights Help

Griffyn

Hi all its my 1st post. I have a blue 1.0L Yaris. I mite get some pics later. But anyways I was just wondering where is the best place 2 get neon lights? I have seen really cheap neon lights on pc sites but are proper neon lights for cars better? I am thinkin of 2 12" blue neons for the footwells, 2 small blue neons either side of stereo in the 'sidepods'....what size do ppl recomend? And of course a 15" blue neon on bottom of rear shelf 2 light up sub.

I want to wire them upto a switch so i can turn them on and off when i want and i dont want to use the cigarette lighter as that wld look tacky so whats the best way to do this? Also can u get a switch from toyota to put in the blank on the right side of the steering wheel? (the blank on the left of the coin thingy) This would look more professional I think...which is wat i am tryin 2 achieve.

Thanks for yout help

those would be called cold cathodes (not neons), you can get em from maplins

cathodes are brighter than noens, but neons have a better blue, also cathodes use less power (35mA for the catthode and 35mA for the invertor)

you can get switches from maplins

you can usually get switches off eBay fairly cheap, i recently baught a max power 1, altho its debatable wat the quality is like as moffo baught 1 and his borke within a week, havnt actually fitted mine, that will b 2mo, but i shall let u know wat its like

if u want any instructions on fitting them i have 2 diff step by step guides, jst give me a shout if u want them

Cheers Chuck04 the instructions would be very useful...can u show me a pic of ur switch wen u hav it installed so i can see what it looks like. How do u break a switch???? :eek:

Hou how much can u get blue neons for then?

Does anyone hav any pics of their car with neons on? Does anyone hav neons in their 'sidepods' the bit either side of the stereo. I am not sure wat size would fit nicely, as i dont wana see tube just lite.

I think i will go 4 neons vmail.....thanks

Vmail howcome u still hav the toyota cd player deck? Thats looks horrible...get the fascia panel frm toyota and the rav4 dim converter thing frm Halfords and it looks sooooo much nicer m8!!! I will get a pic if ya havnt seen wat it looks like.

Is there neway of installin cathodes/neons without using cigarette lighter as it looks tacky 2 me with that (no offence). Plus hide the cathodes!!!!

So r cathodes better 2 use than neons?

hey Griffyn, sure thing mate, at the mo ive only got 2 blue neons, 1 in each front footwell, in next couple days going to fit 2 blue leds into the pockets either side of the main console along with 2 more rear neons, if u want onces its all done ill send u the pics, with regards to the instructions PM me ur e-mail addy and ill send them 2 u, 1 involves using a switch the other is how to wire str8 into the interior light

charlie :thumbsup:

Get neons mate! I wouldnt touch cathodes :ph34r: I have 2 12" ones in footwells! two 12" under each of the seats! two tiny leds in the air vents! and two 10" in the boot!! if you want them in the sidepod things, the best size is 2-4"s

Ok cheers breezer. Do u hav a pic of this?

Are leds or small neons better 4 the sidepods?

No i disagree - get cathodes they are so much brighter - i have both and i found the cathodes way better.

neons are better for colour.

i used to use the max power switch and that broke so i made my own circuit which was p*** easy and it looks like this...

0.jpg

Look further down here - on a topic called chubby holes there are some more piccies....

EDIT - or rather Click Here

Edited by Moffmo

ok kool moffmo...did u make the switch urself? Also cathodes seem 2 b expensive...i can 2 12" neons for £5 inc vat and p&p.

you can get 2 12" cathodes from ebuyer for £2.75 if you are looking for a colour other than blue let Hou know as he has got loads.

AND the switch im using came with the cathodes! :)

even if you use normal neons - you can still use my method of connecting them its really cheap - easy and simple....

Rather than paying for a switch that doesnt work :P

ok sounds cool...how did u connect cathodes? Can u see the 4.5" cathodes in the chubby holes? As i only wana see the light not the tube. I dont think i will put leds in air vents. I am gona get blue as my car is blue.

no you cant see the cathodes in chubby holes - i have two neons in footwells - two neons under seats to shine on back - cathodes in chubby holes - and leds in airvents - none of which can be seen - i wouldnt do it if you could see bulbs - looks naff...

Sounds/looks nice. I think i will get 2 4.5" cathodes for each chubby hole. 2 12" cathodes for each foot well and i will hav 2 get a 15" neon for the bottom of my rear shelf 2 shine on sub.....can u giv me some advice on how 2 install all of this...i wana wire it up2 a switch like urs. Cheers m8.

Okay moffmo...not gettin till end of august unfort :( as thats wen i get my pay packet frm full time (about 2 do a levels atm). I hav just saved up 4 my new pc so i am gona build that after my exams which will b cool. I am also thinkin of gettin an exhaust 4 my car......the blitz looks cool but i cant find any info on it.

Yes i have found out! The zorst i want will cost about £300 i think in the end.....then i will need it fitted.....probs bout £100.........but i am hoping it will b worth it!!! Check my otha post if ya wana see the zorst i will get

Well after my a levels...i am workin full time so i can afford 1 months pay 2 go 2wards car.......but the rest i want 4 uni :yes: for fun!! HEHE

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links