Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Question About The Yaris

knowlson

I have seen some poor taste yaris's this week on my travels so is the yaris the next chav modding monster??  

29 members have voted

1. 1. I have seen some poor taste yaris's this week on my travels so is the yaris the next chav modding monster??

• What you talking about fool
    • Er it could be
    • 3 examples dont mean they all are cack
    • I will still like my yaris even if it turns into a chav car
    • The yairs is great I wont hear a bad word said about it

Ok this week I have driving around south london I was shocked to see 3 yaris's with some rather poor mods

These where not all on the same car :lol: Thank god :lol::lol:

Neons

Flamers

fast and the furios stickers

ford motorsport sticker in the front windows

Red lights inside wheels

Red light on cap of wheel

Owner's with burberry Cap :eek:

I hope this is not a new trend :lol::lol::lol:

oh yeah I expect to be flamed also :D :D :D

erm, dodgy options there mate!!!

What about the 'probably' or 'maybe'

My poll my options :thumbsup:

probably or maybe are boring :D

Nah not dodgy at all, "er it could be" says it all really. :D

:censor: offending people with Yaris' , I really don't care. If the modding's done propperly then a Yaris can be a nice looking motor, if a little girly :P , hehe.

Unfortunately there are a massive number of Yaris' that I see which have been modded by someone with the equivalent skills/brain of a blind retarded fish. :blink:

Edited to include the brainless as well as just unskilled. :lol:

Yes, fashoin icons like these have been seen driving the mighty Yaris, not such a great look. :thumbsup:

barry-nova.jpg

....Quality......

this is starting to sound like a previous thred, dear oo dear, not burberry.. chavs

It could be, but I have also seen a few (okay at least 2) chaved rolla's in the last few months!!

Burb's will wreck out they get there hands on eventually, just as soon as it comes into the range of their giro, or latest accident claim!!

But as with all there is some nice yaris's out there so to tar with the same brush would be wrong!

Dude, lay off the modifying Retards! ;)

Also... the truth is that the first gen Yaris is dropping below the £5k marker... and their super-cheap insurance (group 4 or 5) means that the 1.0 and 1.3 vvti models are particularly attractive for any under 24-year-old right now - a fair proportion of which are.... CHAVS!

I'm not into modding myself, but it doesnt bother me that others do - its a personal choice at the end of the day...

But some cars do look a bit minging - perhaps its just where I live though - everyones on here always look stunning! :D

Anyway I hope the Yaris isnt the new Saxo! :thumbsup:

Er it could be but i hope not, who cares anyway, i always keep my mods tasteful!

Cheers

if they want to mod this car then they need to get some cash behind them, the quality tuning stuff is all expensive, so there will never be loads of nice modded yari but of corse there will always be sheds :thumbsup:

any cheap small car with low insurance will appeal to those undesirable people once they fall below the £5k range, sadly... there's not alot we can do about it!

just to add something... people who are into modding cars will know the difference between a revolting noisy nova and a well modded car...

but those not in the know don't care how much you've spent on your car, if you're in a small car with a loud exhaust and a couple of other touches... then you are branded a chav.

I am indeed widely regarded as a chav by my extended family. My brother-in-law asked the other day...

"So, I bet you haven't actually got anything that those sticker advertise, have you?"

Ermm, I have, says I.

"Really?"

Lemme see... we walk to the car.... O.Z. wheels, Brembo discs, HKS suspension, Apex'i induction and Remus-made backbox... every single mod is there for a very good reason!

he says

"wanna see my Astra? it's got twin exhausts and fogs too. you ought to get something classy like that"

:rolleyes:

"wanna see my Astra? it's got twin exhausts and fogs too. you ought to get something classy like that"

:lol::lol::lol:

I am indeed widely regarded as a chav by my extended family. My brother-in-law asked the other day...

"So, I bet you haven't actually got anything that those sticker advertise, have you?"

Ermm, I have, says I.

"Really?"

Lemme see... we walk to the car.... O.Z. wheels, Brembo discs, HKS suspension, Apex'i induction and Remus-made backbox... every single mod is there for a very good reason!

he says

:rolleyes:

lol i love that :thumbsup:

the yaris is the king of stealth :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

keep up the good work mate :thumbsup:

i hope not but then again a car can be done right and a car can be done wrong...

so its swings and roundabouts

I really hope that the Yaris remains unique! :(

It's such a great little car, it'd be a shame for it to be ruined by tasteless cheap mods!

They look great as they are, why change something so good? :o

I really hope that the Yaris remains unique! :(

It's such a great little car, it'd be a shame for it to be ruined by tasteless cheap mods!

They look great as they are, why change something so good? :o

Here here 1NZ-F T SPORT!

Took the words right out of my mouth mate!

Thanx Demonic Angel!

We are the genuine Yaris enthusiasts, so we must keep them looking good!

:thumbsup:

i hope not but then again a car can be done right and a car can be done wrong...

so its swings and roundabouts

True, true. U could even mess up a Supra if modded wrongly.

Umm, well....... maybe.

Possibly.....

Alright then... no u couldn't.

I take it back. I'd drive a Supra with a £45 peco exhaust any day! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links