Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Vs. Civic..

eternity575

had a little argument with my cousin, as my corolla wouldnt let a civic go, i assum the t-sport will triumph in a situation like that..

what do u think yarisheads? l;ol

all depends on the situation ur in and the driver ie ur gear changes, for a 1.8 ur looking at 0-60 of ruff 8 sec, txt book that is, second quicker than the t sport, 1.6 civic pumps out 10 sec, ur gonna also want to have a look at the torque for each car aswell, should b fun trying to find out!!

Wicked :lol: well put it to the test somtime, not that im trying to get u to street race or anything as thats bad !! :lol: no seriously it can b,

well... any of the sportier civics would annhilate the T-pot. 160bhp for the 1.6 Vtec... 150bhp for 1.5 if I remember right!

Also, they've got proper rear suspension. Not that I'm about to buy one tho'! :o

The Civic is much heavier than the yaris tho. The only Civic that can beat the Yaris TS is the 2.0l version (Type S (8.5) and Type R(6.6)). I pulled those figures from the UK Honda site.

you probably stick with or even beat the Type S, as 0-60 figures dont mean much in a real world situation

don't ever trust manufacturers 0-60 figures as a bench mark for how fast a car is :)

the yaris is a very light car with over 100bhp!

It depends on the tyres you've got as well as to how effectively you will put your horse power down.

don't ever trust manufacturers 0-60 figures as a bench mark for how fast a car is :)

the yaris is a very light car with over 100bhp!

It depends on the tyres you've got as well as to how effectively you will put your horse power down.

what he said :thumbsup:

Some very fast Civic's out there. Of the newer type the Type-S will be a tough one to beat, its got a lot of horsepower and grunt so it will probably fly through the gears effortlessly - although don't quote me on that.

The Yaris has quite a small engine - its just pushing a light car - so it probably won't be as good when pushing it at higher speeds (i.e. putting your foot down at 60 or 70). Again, thats just how I view it. But! on a straight line I can't see why you couldn't give it a run for its money - it would be so close.

The Type-R - lets not go there. As for the rest of the Civc's - you should, and will beat them. Do not expect to blitz them tho. The 1.6 may do 0-60 in 10 or 10.5, but thats only 1 measly second slower - he'll be on your tail, athough you will slowly pull away.

Out of experience I would say anything that does 0-60 between 10.5 and 8 is pretty evenly matched. Its just up to the driver and the power of the car's engine through the rev range.

Out of experience I would say anything that does 0-60 between 10.5 and 8 is pretty evenly matched. Its just up to the driver and the power of the car's engine through the rev range.

Very true! Not that long ago I raced a Civic Type R off the lights in my Civic 1.8 VTi (169bhp 8secs book 0-60 with K&N induction and sebring exhaust) and only after about 100m did he start pulling away slowly.

Alright there yarisheads!! My mates got a 1.6 VTi Vtec civic 160bhp, he has done 0-60mph in 7.2 seconds... it all depends on what civic the yaris is going against.

1.6 VTi Vtec civic 160bhp, he has done 0-60mph in 7.2 seconds...

Little bro of my (soon-to-be) ex-civic! I always thought it was faster than the book speed! :D Although my sub box in the boot (weighed in at 5st 3lb!) prob slowed me down! :lol:

Personally i wouldn't fancy my chances against a civic type s sorry guys :crybaby: The civic would eat you for breakfast and thats in 2nd gear m8. I love my car to bits but i cant see it taking on a car with 160bhp 2.0 16v :help: Let be serious guys :yes:

jerry!!

Think you should try to stick with racing the new Saxo VTRs or VTS, that's more on the line for the yaris TS, if racing against a civic, try it against a Civic 1.4 EK.

:thumbsup:

it's all in the corners for me! even my old Cinq Sporting can smoke my 1.3 to 40 away from the lights... RUBBISH gearing on the Yaris... tooooooo tall! Economy sucks! I want thrust all through the range!

(thrust=torque/drive ratio) it's the amount of oooomph available at the contact patch of your tyre...

Think you should try to stick with racing the new Saxo VTRs or VTS, that's more on the line for the yaris TS, if racing against a civic, try it against a Civic 1.4 EK.

Now thats a better match dont you think guys and girls :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Now thats a better match dont you think guys and girls :thumbsup:

jerry!!

mmmmmmm give me 12 months ill hunt them 'ittle civics down :ph34r:

Well the civic 1.6 and type R was beaten by the Turbo 2.0ltr Nova, but that aint fair is it? Standard cars against a Nova that isn't standard. :lol:

Well the civic 1.6 and type R was beaten by the Turbo 2.0ltr Nova, but that aint fair is it? Standard cars against a Nova that isn't standard. :lol:

Well thats like if i was to bung a corolla t sport engine into my yaris t sport i would be taking out scooby's and evo's probably :yes:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links