Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possbily Buying An 09' Iq Of A Mate

lee1981

Hi all first post here been lurking a bit. My mate is selling his 09' model iq 2. about 45k on clock, don't think he has any issue yet as described on here EGR etc, and not known of them as wisely did not browse fourms I don't think lol.

As with any car/motorbike there are problems and they are always more noted on forums as peeps want help.

Is there anything else major to look out for? I guess EGR is old one as seen in pics in another be ok if there's no problem with pulling away now?

It has good spec, leather, climate control, keyless entry though that worries it going wrong but guess just use mechanical key then? folding mirrors and tonnaue cover.

looking at around 3.5k to pay good price?

Also would look to do own servicing as well out of warranty now and not sure if mate has had it serviced at main dealer or smaller garage. Is there a manual available ?

Are basics simple enough?

Thanks

Regards

Lee.

People like Haynes haven't done workshop manuals for recent Toyotas. There is

http://www.toyota-tech.eu

where one can download information, some of which is chargeable and some free.

People like Haynes haven't done workshop manuals for recent Toyotas. There is

http://www.toyota-tech.eu

where one can download information, some of which is chargeable and some free.

Thanks, if one does pay are they pdf's to download or is it like only works in a webpage?

Certainly the information I've accessed is in pdf, but cannot guarantee it all is

Hi all first post here been lurking a bit. My mate is selling his 09' model iq 2. about 45k on clock, don't think he has any issue yet as described on here EGR etc, and not known of them as wisely did not browse fourms I don't think lol.

As with any car/motorbike there are problems and they are always more noted on forums as peeps want help.

Is there anything else major to look out for? I guess EGR is old one as seen in pics in another be ok if there's no problem with pulling away now?

It has good spec, leather, climate control, keyless entry though that worries it going wrong but guess just use mechanical key then? folding mirrors and tonnaue cover.

Also would look to do own servicing as well out of warranty now and not sure if mate has had it serviced at main dealer or smaller garage. Is there a manual available ?

Thanks

Regards

Lee.

There won't be any major issues with the IQ, mines is a 59 plate and has covered 65,000 miles. You'll need to change the spark plugs every 60k miles and I've heard it's a real pain to change them.

Thanks

Regards

Lee.

There won't be any major issues with the IQ, mines is a 59 plate and has covered 65,000 miles. You'll need to change the spark plugs every 60k miles and I've heard it's a real pain to change them.

Cool I think its as with many forums usually negatives posted oru stuff asked due to problems and not so many I love my iq posts lol.

Ahh i see, hidden then i bet similar on wifes 206 are under the inlet and injectors eeeekk!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links