Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Increasing Fuel Delivery/pressure

jaxx

can anyone give me some info on how to bring the fuel pressure up and in what ways it can be done?

if possible i need a 'switchable' way of momentarily having the option to increase the delivery

never looked into this before so anyone got any good info

been thinking of all sorts on how it can be done??

ie

bigger injectors?

that HKS fuel computer controller thing?

some sort of chip...

im at a loose end here, help!

:help:

Kevin @ ENVY mentioned somthing to me on Thursday about a better fuel managment system cant remember what it was called, and said they use a place in Coventry to set it all up too, might be worth giving him a ring mate :thumbsup:

I can only speak about the engine in my Corolla. Fuel pressure is controlled by fuel pressure regulator on the end on the fuel rail. It supplies the fuel at the factory preset pressure but varies depending on the amount of vacuum in the manifold - 30 psi (ish) at tickover up to 80psi (ish) at full throttle. The only way to change this is to replace the standard unit with an aftermarket adjustable jobbie. The most common/popular one in the UK is the FSE Power Boost Valve, but I've read that HKS, Blitz, Aeromotive and others also make them.

Fuel management is a totally different thing. This controls the length of time that the injector is open (called pulse width) and there are other factors invloved. You can tell I don't know much about theis side if things can't you?? For a background to the workings of such stuff take a look here

thanks jon!

once again, you da man!

No worries mate. The only reason I know is because I've looked at getting and adjustable FPR as well.

the yaris's fuel pressure regulator is in the tank.

it is controlled with a spring. you need to adjust the spring rate (get a different spring and this changes the fuel pressure....dont ask me what kind of spring etc i dont know exactly.

cheers nick i knew you would know somat!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links