Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finally A Game With The Mr2 Mk2 In It!

Razor_Rage

Erm... GT2002 on the X-Box has them in it.. its a rev 5. I have one in med blue.... looks very sweet at night with the lights on.

Apparently, from what i hear.... the SHOCK MR2 (see sig) is going to be in the game, its going for a photo shoot with them next week sometime... could be interesting B)

Yup - Sega GT 2002 has a mk2 MR2 ..

yeah i've got one in Sega GT 2002 aswell on the xbox, but i meant a tuner type of car game, didn't point that out in topic tho...sorry

inital D special stage for the ps2's got the mr2 in it.

Not tunable, but u can choose body mods.

bin a while since i've played it, but i know they've got the full TOM's kit in there, and i think the widebody, plus a couple more, can't rem off hand tho!

Oh and it's a FUN game if no ones played it!

was gonna get a steering wheel just for that game, but again its one of them things that i've "yet to do, heh.

-Z

Any game that has a modified corsa on the front (see here http://www.play.com/play247.asp?searchtype...ced&page=search) gives the mk2 the exact attention personally I don't want it to have, its about as good advertsising as a chav burning out in a tesco carpark on tv :censor:

Anyway getting back to real car games, the mk2 actually features in a fair few obscure japanese games and is in the latest Gran Turismo (best driving game imho)

granturismo4.sized.jpg

Gran Turismo 4 Prologue B)

Pict1375.sized.jpg

Gran Turismo 4 Prologue, oops no I mean my car ;)

Full gallery here, http://www.bgbi.co.uk/gallery/

QUOTE jimma @ Jun 7 2004, 08:25 AM

GT3's got 3 of them in it!

The original Gran Turismo had rev4 mk2 MR2s :)

And GT2 had rev5s :)

Strangly (going from memory here so I hope I'm right!) the rev5 NA in GT3 had only 168bhp and not the 200bhp BEAMS VVTi engine :( Okay so it's the PAL European release - but it's got the JDM mk2 MR2 turbo, and the Altezza RS200 with the dual VVTi BEAMS engine.

The Beams was only a 99/100 car run .. and it's not that well known .. get the turbo and be happy :)

Anyone know when to expect GT4, I can't wait any longer :(

Hundreds of cars inc. American muscle cars, most Toyotas ever made (inc. mine) Tis gonna be graet.

Hundreds of cars inc. American muscle cars, most Toyotas ever made (inc. mine) Tis gonna be graet.

Ive been playing GT4 Prologue for a week and even though it looks gorgeous there are 3 things that Im not keen on:

1) The is no real sensation of speed

2) It feels very different to play compared to GT3

3) The 5 second penalty for hitting an object (stuck in 1st gear for 5 seconds) is horrible.

Probably still buy the full game though LOL!

Ive been playing GT4 Prologue for a week and even though it looks gorgeous there are 3 things that Im not keen on:

3) The 5 second penalty for hitting an object (stuck in 1st gear for 5 seconds) is horrible.

I didnt know about any of those things :o Why change a winning formula :( The reason i like GT3 is because the physics are so realistic, if thats changed I won't be so enthusiastic.

I didnt know about any of those things :o Why change a winning formula :( The reason i like GT3 is because the physics are so realistic, if thats changed I won't be so enthusiastic.

Well to be honest mate m a huge fan of GT3 and I was initially dissapointed by the changes in GT4. Maybe after playing the full game I will like it more.

Another thing that bugged me, I chose the MR2 to play for obvious reasons, so why then does the engine sound like a moped? My car certainly doesnt sound like a moped!!

Now You always hear about how the programmers go and record the engine sounds etc, however, when driving the MR2 in the game all I got was a "Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!" kind of sound, nothing like my car whatsoever :blink:

Now You always hear about how the programmers go and record the engine sounds etc, however, when driving the MR2 in the game all I got was a "Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!" kind of sound, nothing like my car whatsoever :blink:

Im sure an in depthish review is floating about on this forum (but may be another)

But this was my biggest annoyance! :angry:

QUOTE: jimma @ Jun 8 2004, 12:13 PM

The reason i like GT3 is because the physics are so realistic

Like smacking into a wall at 180mph and driving off... :D

QUOTE: Bibbs @ Jun 7 2004, 09:43 PM

The Beams was only a 99/100 car run .. and it's not that well known

I thought that ALL JDM rev5 NAs had the BEAMS engine, or did they only ever sell that many mk2's NAs after 1998 ?

think there was only about 100 Jap rev5's .. most came to Europe ..

Apparently, from what i hear.... the SHOCK MR2 (see sig) is going to be in the game, its going for a photo shoot with them next week sometime... could be interesting B)

that shock mr2 is <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>in lovely, best car ive ever seen, that nick must have unlimited money! lol, its supposedly on cover of fastcar this month i think?, he emailed me to tell me...lol, nice of him :P

Jimlad mostly likes the !Removed! that sit on the bonnet of the shock MR2...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links