Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Top Gear Cool Board?

T V O R

i personnally think clarkson talks out his **** hole. he only drives and comments on cars which probably non of us will ever be able to afford. they should make a new program called " THE LAYMANS BEST MOTORS " or something like that , and show real cars , that real people drive , not namby pamby £ 450 ,000 things, that seem to burn up tyres which cost £ 100's a throw , KEEP IT REAL  TOP GEAR. :thumbsup:    ONCE IN A WHILE.  :yes:

Can’t argue with that, maybe they could make a cheaper version..... 'Bottom Gear' ;)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T V O R

• jaxx

• Moffmo

• Demonic Angel

i think they've already done a show to your requirements maleborn, it's called "5th gear"

very boring it is too, mainly because they don't have a clue and only follow in clarksons footsteps every week (the vanquish for example this week)

there is an upside to clarkson only ever driving cars £100k and upwards... when he says good things about cars that mortals can afford, you know it's a good car (yaris) :D

I like 5th Gear especially the crashes they set up :crutchy:

In fact since the item on ‘Killer Luggage’ last year, I now have all my rear seat belts done up when not in use.

Vicky is also a lot better looking than Clarkson :thumbsup:

So no one is allowed to reply to a thread if it’s a mod and disagree and have a bit of banter? Lighten up Bibbs!

and a mod isn't alowed to have a bit of fun either? If I was upset with your post, I'd have just deleted it :o I was just taking the Michael :P

It seems like crossed wires somewhere along the line, either way, I’m not going to fall out with you over a picture on Top Gear for gods sake!!

Too true, and when the Prosche GT gets classed as uncool .. and then the McLaren SLR gots cool? Do me a favour ..

Any car that is that damn beautiful, with all that engineering .. bah. :wacko:

gotta disagree

step back a few years, top gear was all about the cars you couldnt afford and general malarky, fun and games that where car related.......and it was all good

then they started rabbiting on about 'superminis' 'MPG' and how much lugage, sprogs and shopping you could stuff in the boot.........and it was crap........and nearly axed. no one wants to know about that rubbish :rolleyes:

now its a crossbreed of the Clarkson chat show and the old school Top Gear......and its shear class

I tend to blow hot and cold where Clarkson is concerned, even after watching him all these years!

Genius or Fool?

clark7.jpg

Well I don't watch Top Gear to see if the Yaris is classed as cool or not cos I don't give a damn........ :bookworm: The cool board is there to provoke reaction and does a great job.......Like Ben said with the Porshce......Uncool?????? I wouldn't turn it down and I bet there are some Girls who would love a ride........in the car or on it............. :lol:

The program amuses me.. :lol: ..Celebs competing to be the fastest, caravan conkers, 24 hours in a Smart car, DB9 v Eurostar.............and the presenters wit and putdowns......... :lol::lol:

Top Gear = Great essential viewing :thumbsup:

The porsche is uncool! I i had a choice between a porsche and an aston, it'd be an aston everytime. Infact, if i had a choice of any powercar id never have the porsche. It's in noway special to me, if i see one on the street, i dont watch it, i just think of the sad :censor: that bought it... must be compensating for something he lacks! :o

It just isn't special, and the people that drive them are all bank managers, who aren't cool at all!

Mind you, who am i to speak, im very uncool, so i guess i should buy a porsche!

The porsche is uncool! I i had a choice between a porsche and an aston, it'd be an aston everytime. Infact, if i had a choice of any powercar id never have the porsche. It's in noway special to me, if i see one on the street, i dont watch it, i just think of the sad  :censor:  that bought it... must be compensating for something he lacks!  :o

It just isn't special, and the people that drive them are all bank managers, who aren't cool at all!

Mind you, who am i to speak, im very uncool, so i guess i should buy a porsche!

See - the cool board creates great disagreements.......I would not choose a Porsche either over an Aston or many other cars but hell i would not turn one down if the chance arose though.............

See - the cool board creates great disagreements.......I would not choose a Porsche either over an Aston or many other cars but hell i would not turn one down if the chance arose though.............

If one was given to me... i'd be happy! But i wouldn't spend my hard-earned £70k on a Porsche Uber-Machine! (Engines in wrong place!!!)

If one was given to me... i'd be happy! But i wouldn't spend my hard-earned £70k on a Porsche Uber-Machine! (Engines in wrong place!!!)

Well I'd prefer an Aston, obviously. But I grew up with Porkas and I'd have one over a Ferrari anyday.

And the engine is in the right place :P

Porsche-Carrera-GT-01_640.jpg

Now how is that not one of the most beautiful cars ever .. it's SO COOL !! :yes:

nah man! porkers have the engines behind the back wheels! thats not right :lol:

needs to be in the middle!

Clarkson for PM! i agree!

I was in the Porsche Museum at the factory last week as part of the Grand Tour a mate and I did.

Anyhow, I'd seen one from a distance at the Motor Show, but they had one sitting at the end of the small room the museum is in. This german couple had obviously asked the curator bloke some detailed question as he came over and was opening the doors, front and engine compartment.

The detailing is fantastic, with the engine compartment lined with flawless, polished carbon fibre and concealed drawers for the first aid kit and warning triangle. There is a beautiful carbon ducting with the tiny, machine oil filler cap nestling where the two arms of the ducting meet. I've attached a sightly poor piccy...

The highlight, though, was when the chap got in, started the engine and revved it a couple of times. The engine was only on for about 30 seconds, but in the confines of a room (with no ventillation) the sound was fantastic.

Despite my undying love for the McLaren F1, I'm a convert!

I dont see the beauty in that Carrera GT... far too flashy. I kow this aint much better, but i'd much, much, much rather have the McMerc SLR! OMG!! The noise!!!! Everybody should buy Clarksons new DVD Hot Metal, just for the noises in it! The SLR, SL55 AMG and the old TVR's make the best sounds iv ever heard!! Awesome!

Clarkson for PM! i agree!

I wouldn’t go that far...

i think hed do a damn fine job compared to the cabages in the hot seat at the min....

just think....

perfect roads

no crappy smelly buses and bus lanes

everyone forced to proove they can drive

vauxhall nuked

bliss :)

bliss :)

In the most utter and complete form!

Also.... No bicycles! Praise the JC!

ah ha!

well spotted!

no horses either! unless they pay £1,000,000 per year on road tax and the rider is forced to eat the 'deposits' they leave for our alloys to get nastily caked in! pack em up and send them to the glue factory!

horses are obsolete now! weve got tractors and proper mining machinery

did anyone hear it on radio 2 the other day, some green whellie (ive never lived in the countryside) ***** called in complaining about the damage clarckson did to the peatbogs whilst testing the new discovery, it was so **** cool when they got clarkson on the phone the arguement they had was great, i think one ended up calling the other a tit or something, but clarkson isnt a guy you'd want to have an arguement with...... you'd never win.

• 3 years later...

Thought I’d dig up one of my old posts from over 4 years ago!! How time flies.

Did anyone notice what was on the Cool Wall this week? Top right hand corner, is that the new Yaris SR, the 1.8 one in Grey?

cool.jpg

2008_toyota_yaris.jpg

B)

Thought I’d dig up one of my old posts from over 4 years ago!! How time flies.

Did anyone notice what was on the Cool Wall this week? Top right hand corner, is that the new Yaris SR, the 1.8 one in Grey?

cool.jpg

2008_toyota_yaris.jpg

B)

I had to larf when I read this post!

Cool/uncool? Yaris' in the general veiw of motoring must surely be UNCOOL! But then, that's the point!

If they were totally cool, everyone would be driving them, which would make them totally UNCOOL! (?) This is a typical mind *****. The less cool something is, the cooler it becomes for the select few who are in 'The know'.

Then the liggers all want a bit of the action, it gets less cool and the 'Cool' people drop it like a ton of hot bricks... It then becomes uncool again!

James Bond drove an aston.... cool, with knobs on. Then, every wealthy pop star (Duran-Duran, et al) Got one, along with the bank managers, stock brokers, etc. Suddenly they started to look uncool. Bubbles burst, switch to more conventional cars, and Woo-Hoo... The Aston is cool again! (Repeat, til the end of days).

Cool and uncool are the opposite sides of the same coin. Flip it and see what it is.. Flip again, it's the opposite! B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links