Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Modding

wlsmith

Hiya folks,

Being 18 and just passing my driving test I'm looking for some bigger alloys to put on my T-Spirit 1.3, without having to make modifications, as I'm getting bored of the standard 14" Toyota alloys..(Pokey little things, lol), I'm planning to do extensive car mods such as a carbon fibre kit etc, however I think alloys is the best place to start, Well here are my questions:

1)Whats the maximum size I can fit on my car without making wheel arch mods?

I was thinking 16"? I plan on lowering the car at least 40mm, but wud avoid this if i can have bigger wheels, am after chrome ones if possible.

2)What sound systems do you all have in your cars? I want something that will fit in the boot lol, my mate bought this sub and it wont fit in his car lol, im also looking for a reasonable set of Speakers etc without looking to spent TOO MUCH money at this stage!

3)Lexus Lights, I heard these are "illegal" due to not having reflectors or something, would like a pair of these but need to know how to make them legal

4) With a sound system can I use the standard head unit or doesnt this have the appropriate sockets? or should I go for an aftermarket head unit and CD changer that I can install

Well, thats all that comes to mind at the moment lol,

Thanks for your time and help people!,

Will.

1)?

2)12"Alpine Type R 1000W sub

Alpine MonoBloc Amp

Kenwood MP3 headunit

3) you can slick a reflector on the back of the car, the lights will pass the MOT

4) if you use the original headunit you can buy adapters, its better to get a aftermarket headunit, less hasstle and better sound. you dont really need a CD changer unless you are lazy(cant be bothered changing the CDs)

PS welcome to the family

1) I think the general consensus on here is that 16's you can fit without arch mods and 17's you need a bit of work.

2) I just have Jl Audio 650's on my rear parcel shelf at the moment.

3) You can stick reflectors on the bumper for the MOT or you can also buy Legal ones with reflectors built in but they are a little bit extra money.

4) If your upgrading the sound system it is best to upgrade the headunit too although you do not NEED to.

Welcome to TOC buddy :)

1) 16inch may need arch mods with that drop as its the width you have to be more concerned about rather than the diameter

2)loads of alpine multimedia stuff

3)some are legal and some arnt, look for the ones with the reflectors built in although at the end of the day i dont think any of them are E marked

4)best off with a headunit upgrade for improved features and sound quality

k thanks for your help guys... and thanks for the welcome... it sure is fun to drive a yaris... its such a nippy little car!

Im one of few who has used the standard head unit to power my amp!

I have gone for Sony Xplod coz i like the range. If you decide to use ur standard head unit, when you've popped the dash out and can get to the back of the cd player, take sum pix and il try and help you out on where the wires will havta go!!

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+2608

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+1412

Good bass on it. I have JBL Speakers which i got off eBay for £40 altogetha, around £55 on sites etc. Perfect working order, i hav put them in the rear shelf because i cudnt b bothered to put in the door.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks breezer,

I found a deal a complete sony system for £240 heres what it includes

Sony 12" Subwoofer (X-Plod)

2 Sony 3 Way 6 x 9's

2 Sony Co Axial Speakers

JBL GTO 1100W Amp

What do you think of this deal anygood?

yeh! amp and sub seem perfect for each otha! me mate has sum sony 6by9s and theyre canny! and any newer coaxials for the dash r betta than the standard :thumbsup:

cool, going to have to order that up then.... may the hole in the wallet get bigger! lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links