Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris

Demonic Angel

Taken from a Sky News story...

Hikes in the price of petrol could mean a rise in the cost of motoring by £180 a year, according to the RAC.

Running a car currently costs an average of £438 a month - exceeding the cost of an average mortgage.

That amount also accounts for around a quarter of the average household expenditure, the motoring index from the RAC Insure company found.

The company says the weekly cost has fallen from £102.59 to £101.15 in the past three months but petrol price rises will soon mean this figure rising by £3.75 a week.

But the index also shows that motorists spend almost as much on maintenance and servicing as on petrol. This figure is likely to rise as the cost of MoT tests is set to rise by 3.3% from August 1 this year.

Insurance premiums are also set to rise this year, especially as three million penalty points would be going on to drivers' licences.

RAC Insure attributed the slight fall in the cost of motoring in the last three months to some drivers trading in luxury models for cheaper and greener ones.

The least expensive car to run among those surveyed in the index was the Toyota Yaris which, on the basis of being driven 12,000 miles a year, cost £3,375 a year, or 28p a mile, to run. :thumbsup:

Using the same criteria, the most expensive car was the BMW 7-Series which cost £16,224 a year, or £1.35 a mile, to run. The overall average for cars was £5,260 a year, or 44p a mile.

RAC Insure's Nick Hall said: "With the cost of fuel, MoT and insurance all going up, even the more 'economical' cars are going to hit motorists' wallets hard."

I suppose thats a plus for us Yaris drivers, esp after all the fuel price rises - at least we can kind-of rest easy!

great stuff!

but i swear mine costs me three times that much!

Yeah I was thinking that - all I seem to do is stop off at Tescos for petrol....

My old car was much cheaper to run, so I dunno where they got that info from???

Maybe because you drive it more because you love the Yaris more?

I go driving now some days just for pleasure, not necessarily going anywhere, just so I can be in my car.

Sad but true. :D

Maybe because you drive it more because you love the Yaris more?

I go driving now some days just for pleasure, not necessarily going anywhere, just so I can be in my car.

Sad but true. :D

Thats kinda true actually T-V-O-R as I drive more in this car than I did in the other one! :D

I am a bit of a skinflint though and if I dont have to drive anywhere, I wont - to save petrol! :P

i waste a load of juice and millage on 'just driving round'

theres no point in owning a modded car if you aint gonna drive it!

great stuff!

but i swear mine costs me three times that much!

When i brought mine in 2002, think i read somewhere it was 41p a mile for the T-sport :thumbsup:

Would that 28p per mile measurement be for the 1.0 Yaris rather than the 1.3 then beings as the 1.5 T-Sport is 41p per mile?

:) That is great..us Yaris owners aren't daft :)

Mine is way cheaper than my old 1996 Fiesta, Petrol lasts for ages...hurray for 1.0L Engines is all I can say :thumbsup:

Cant compalin can we, Toyota have done a cracking job of the engines, i mean the 1.0l is a very impressive engine, not had a go on the others, but im sure that they are the same story. I mean almost 70bhp out of a 998cc!! and returning 50mpg

Yeah, speaking to someone I know who drives a 1.4 Clio, he actually told me that my car, which is a 1.3 and at 86bhp is more than his at 80bhp.

I was like "Cheers thanks for telling me!"

Still hasnt made him buy a Yaris - yet! :D

Well what can i say? We all made the right choice :thumbsup: Yaris is a great car to drive around in. Looks good and is easy on the back pocket too :yes:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links