Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Two Queries - Can Anyone Please Enlighten Me?

Tohta

(1) Does the driver's seat adjust for height? For the life of me (but I'm a technophobe) I can't see how to do this. I like a high driving position. How (please spell it out!) do I achieve this or is there no means of doing so...?

(2) MPG. What are you folks getting, on average, in the real world and what percentage inaccuracy does one allow for the computer reading in this respect (not that I've found the latter facility yet)?

(3) PS I forgot to add a third query: the brake pedal 'travels' and alarmingly long distance before reacting. Is this normal? Does everyone else experience the same thing? (I'm not sure if the MOT - it passed the same days as I bought it, last week - includes brake efficiency or not. All I can say is that I thought I was going to have an accident the first time I drew up at the lights. Before I complain to the dealer or invoke the warranty I'd love to hear hat other members have to say on this potentially dangerous topic. (Why didn't I detect the 'fault' on the test drive? Long story. Don't go there!)

Normally the seat height is a lever on the side which you pull up a few times till you go up no more!

The earlier iQ's did not have height adjust. My January 2010 model does not have it but I have seen it on later ones, not sure what date the change was made.

Craig.

1) My January 2011 has seat height adjustment, but not sure when it was introduced?

2) Mine is the 1.33 manual gearbox and average 50mpg, but style and length of commute and make a big difference. Check out Fuelly.com, you can filter down to car make/model and engine size. Should give you a good clue.

3) My brake start to work almost instantly, no free travel that is noticeable. Brakes probably need bleeding, fluid should be replaced every two years.

Hi

On the mpg front and looking at your location, expect around mid 40's mpg around town ,nice steady run you'll get up to mid 50's.

All depends on the amount of thrashing you give it etc. If I try hard I can get mine down to high 40's running at high speed on the a14 and m6, but at a steady mid 60's speed , I'll get around 55 mpg.

Dont bother looking for height adjust on a 2009, it hasn't got one,and I suspect it needs brake fluid replacing.

Nexian eco blue are around the cheapest 'normal'tyre you'll get for an iq3, around 45 quid each, the oe bridgestones are stunningly expensive , more the the tyres on my RAV in fact.

Mines on 85k miles , I've done 80k of those and I still rate is as a cracking motor, hope you enjoy yours

Tony

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links