Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Open Says Me

vmail

hi, I cant open the bonnet, I think its jammed, how can I open it, the leaver release feeles loose

cable may have snapped??

need to determine if its come away from the lever under the dash in which case get hold of it with some pliers and give it a yank

other than that it may have come away from the catch under the bonnet so youll have to remove the bumper (can be done with the bonnet down) and then you should be able to release it by hand?

its still attached to the dash, taking the bumper is a bit too much hasstle in this weather( 24 degrees ATM) , might get Mr T to sort it out

My corrolla gets the opposite problem, has had it since new where the bonnet wont go down (catch needs some magic glovebox screwdriver magic).

Toyota have never been able to sort it since new, but if your cars is in warranty then land yourself at a Toyota dealership and ask them to have a bash!

kind off sorted it, the dash latch is still a bit sticky

a few cuts and a burnt finger later

wrapped the mesh arround the black plastic lower grill, cos it wasnt strong enough, also put the mesh behind the chrome grill(might remove it cos it doesnt look that good)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links