Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heavily Misted Windscreens :(

Wayne2015

Is it just me?

Or all Japanese cars designed this way?

I have had many makes of cars before and all of them not much misted windows on cold days, if so its easily removed with a blast of ventilation or air con :)

But the Lexus, Subaru, Honda and now my Auris - its completely misted in all windows EVERY morning and EVERY time we get back in the car this winter :( :( :(

A blast of ventilation (window de-mist selected) or air con on - and it literally takes like forever to demist!

Even opening windows fully only helps slightly.

And I don't like wiping it - as it smears it (I just like my windows sparkly crystal clear clean :))

Don't want to waste money on anti-mist spray either...

I have a bottle of GTechniq Crystal Glass (I think it's called) - might give that a go when warmer...

I have noticed that my Avensis defaults to "Recirculate On" when the car is started with the fan on. The "Recirc" light is on. Switch off!

Recirculation causes misting in every mode, so is best switched off. This is worse if as been raining or damp, and moisture is brought in to the car by driver/passengers.

Best setting is windscreen with air-con and no recirculation at any fan speed suitable. The air-con will the draw the moisture from the cabin, no matter what heat setting, and the windscreen clears quickly and stays clear.

Thanks bud

No good for me :(

Air con on full blast

Window demist selected

No recirculation

I know my air con is fine (had it fully serviced by Toyota TWICE a few months ago)

Plus cabin filter replaced by Toyota too...

Ever tried one of these? or something similar?

i saw the Pingi on sale in Asda the other day about £8 or something, thought I might try one.

post-140480-0-40701700-1449223161_thumb.

We had an issue with our 2012 Hyundai i20, which went through a phase of misting up and taking a while to demist. Used a product similar to that above for a few weeks. Issue resolved, and didn't have any recurrence.

Incidentally the i20 was designed by Hyundai's Design Centre in Germany.

Have you tried closing your air vents to reduce the amount of cold, damp air entering the Auris when parked overnight, etc?

Ever tried one of these? or something similar?

i saw the Pingi on sale in Asda the other day about £8 or something, thought I might try one.

Hmmmm....nah

We had an issue with our 2012 Hyundai i20, which went through a phase of misting up and taking a while to demist. Used a product similar to that above for a few weeks. Issue resolved, and didn't have any recurrence.

Incidentally the i20 was designed by Hyundai's Design Centre in Germany.

Have you tried closing your air vents to reduce the amount of cold, damp air entering the Auris when parked overnight, etc?

Really???

Might have to take up Tom s advice then! :)

Might give the "close vents" a try too.

But it does the same after an hour parked up :(

OK

Home after 6 miles commute @11 degrees

No air con was on

Warm inside car

All air vents shut

Will be back out in 3-4 hours time...will check then!

IMG_20151204_143104_zpsd22sqeao.jpg

One also has the choice of Pizza Milano, Scoffs or Bingley Fisheries (fish & chips), and in case one has a problem, a physiotherapist/chiropodist and dentist are in the same row of shops

Is that the famous Peking City in Bradford ?

Nope!

One also has the choice of Pizza Milano, Scoffs or Bingley Fisheries (fish & chips), and in case one has a problem, a physiotherapist/chiropodist and dentist are in the same row of shops

Spooky Frosty

I am sure your profile says West Midlands (and not West Yorks!) ????? :eek:

I had to 'look' at ths one, lol.

??? :help2:

Darn not cold enough still 11 degrees...

IMG_20151204_181918_zps5ccwbuas.jpg

Giving it another go tonight:

Car warm

7 degrees

All air vents shut

Park on street

IMG_20151206_164724_zpsonmqrslk.jpg

I find the leave-a-big-bowl-of-rice/coffee-on-the-back-seat-overnight trick can help. This is basically the same as Tom's £8 bag tho'.

Just remember to remove it before driving off :lol:

I get it occasionally in my car, usually when all my mates have been in the car and their wet shoes have tracked water onto my mats.

• Like 1

So only affects Japanese cars?

I never ever have problems with non-Japanese cars???

As I said previously, we had a condensation issue with our previous Hyundai i20 - a German designed car that was assembled in Turkey from a Korean manufacturer.

As I said previously, we had a condensation issue with our previous Hyundai i20 - a German designed car that was assembled in Turkey from a Korean manufacturer.

So only affects Far Eastern 'name' manufacturers then? ;)

Anyway

Even though 7 degrees this morning - still not cold enough ....

Ye canny get much more Far Eastern sounding than Peking City. Away in and ask them if they've got much trouble with their windows misting up - apart from what they get off the local windae lickers that is.

Ye canny get much more Far Eastern sounding than Peking City. Away in and ask them if they've got much trouble with their windows misting up - apart from what they get off the local windae lickers that is.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

9pm @7degrees

Car driven is warm inside

All air vents shut

IMG_20151208_210821_zpsv02halu2.jpg

9 hours after @5degrees...

IMG_20151209_061514_zpsmadhsb2c.jpg

Nope!

:(

• 2 weeks later...

Now here is a little story or is it long?

I went to collect my niece from work in Bluewater over a week ago, and to my sister-in-laws brother along. I was using my mk1 Avensis, and it had clear windows when I picked him up. Well within a few seconds the windows misted up, so the air-con and front demist setting were used to clear the screen. Remember I drove to my brothers house to pick up his brother in law, a large man. The windows were clear before. After an hour or so at Bluewater, I had to have the air-con on to keep the windows clear. The I took my mum home and it misted again so I had the air-con on again, only for a few minutes. Yet it hardly does it with me alone!

This tells me that some people are giving off moisture, or have moisture trapped in their clothing, plus body heat.

I only get misting windows on wet days and it clears fast.

I not fat, if that's what u mean!

LOL

But good point - perspiration or body heat is another factor :)

Lucky u weren't at BlueWater yester....eek!

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/dec/22/christmas-shoppers-stuck-six-hours-bluewater-car-park-kent

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links