Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boost Gauge

RichB

Which one is good for a Rev 2 turbo?

Where best to mount (A pillar, dash, in space under CD player?)

How much to fit - looked at the instructions and seems like one I should leave to someone who knows what they are doing. - Does anyone know a good place in Surrey that could do this?

If you don't mind a drive to reading I can do it for ya ..

I've got a spare Tim guage and loads of hose too ..

You may regret making an offer like this(!)

I would like to take you up on it though. I am very keen, but pretty useless at the hands on and spend most of my time trying to understand the theory!

What does the TIM gauge look like?

My car is arriving in July, so if you would be so kind as to hold onto it for me. :thumbsup:

imtim127turboguage-125x150.jpg

It's not the greatest .. I think it was £35 for a Max Muppet store ..

Could do it at JAE if you are going ??

I'm not going to JAE unfortunately, however I live not that far from Reading in Surrey.

All the bits are scattered over my house .. let me know when interested ..

If you don't want some A Pillar mounted gauges, or one strapped to the car somewhere, then I would recommend getting one fitted in the stock location.

Myself, Bibbs and Pizzaboy all have an Omori gauge fitted in the stock location and it looks sweet.

Omori gauges are quite expensive, but they are the nads.

I think I would get a twin gauge mounting pod from somewhere that fits into a normal radio slot and put it in the second slot of the stereo unit (on the assumption that the original has been removed and a single depth radio is installed in the top.

Probably go for a AFR gauge or something to go with a boost gauge. Also easier to get to in there (I think), and easier to get power from the ciggie lighter too.

That's where I've fitted my boost gauge and oil temp gauge.

Friend made me a carbon fibre facia for them. I could always ask how much he'd charge for another if interested. All I'd need to know is the size of the gauge, and how many gauges.

See what you think. Looks better from the driving position, and with the Pioneer in place!

facia.jpg

:thumbsup:

mymy what a shiny nob

That looks neat! I noticed on the Apex perfomance website that they do standard stereo size carbon facias for gauges for a few quid, so probably would get one there.

OK mate. No worries. :)

That's where I've fitted my boost gauge and oil temp gauge.

Friend made me a carbon fibre facia for them. I could always ask how much he'd charge for another if interested. All I'd need to know is the size of the gauge, and how many gauges.

See what you think. Looks better from the driving position, and with the Pioneer in place!

facia.jpg

:thumbsup:

looks good mate. Surely nothing can beat a gauge in the stock position tho ? You don't have to look anywhere but infront of you to see what's going on.

If I get some other gauges ( oil temp, and something else ), then I will also be getting an A-Pillar pod thingy.

Surely nothing can beat a gauge in the stock position tho ?

I dunno....just seems so small, hard to read exact figures?

Cheers

KiwiMR2

It's not that hard if you know where the values are .8 boost 12 o'clock ..

But I've got my AVC-R on peak hold too ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links