Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Car Is Back !

Jimlad

Exedy Racing clutch

Fidanza Lightweight flywheel

Kaaz LSD fitted

The clutch is very mad and unforgiving... alot different to stock. Will get used to it soon enough tho.

Joy ! :D

There's some weird noises coming from the car when going round very tight corners slowly. Think it's LSD related. going back to the garage tomorrow anyway, so see what they say. Maybe it just needs to get worn in a little.

they do that mate, on tight turning, called 'chatter' top quality LSD oil gets rid of it. :thumbsup:

ah... that's ok then. Thought something was buggered.

LSD oil... where does that go ? Any recommendations ?

The garage can also do all my engine/turbo and paint jobs I need. Sweet !! They had a Capri which they had done a turbo conversion. Crazy ! This is only a small town/village garage in the borders somewhere. Quite impressed really. If I get the bits, they'll put it all together for me. Nice !

Another question, they said I'll have to keep my eye on the water for a few days. Dunno what they were doing, but when I got there they were bleeding something etc ?? I dunno. I just drive and pay... don't know anything else.. lol.

Where would I keep an eye on the water ??

It may just be my imagination, but it felt weird turning corners... dunno how to explain. Just different.

The clutch is also very very mental. On or Off.. lol. No where in between.

didn't you have Headgasket worries, maybe thats why they said it??

na... they knew nothing about that.

I told them anyway today when I picked the car up about my funny idle. They said straight away probably throttle sensor ( or something like that ).

I'll have it back there soon anyway for oil/coolant change, so I'll get them to have a look then. They didn't seem to think it was HG probs tho.

So where do I keep an eye on water ??

look under the 'rad' cap in the enginebay, you should see the fluid, if you can't see fluid it needs topping up :)

ah.. so just open the rad cap and fill it up if it needs filled ?

It won't need blad or anything will it ? ( it got bled today )

just top it up with the same stuff as is already in there, hopefully red ethylene glycol / distilled water mix. (forelife / halford /shell etc all the same)

yeah.. they were putting water stuff in it. and red stuff.

if it needs it I'll just go ask someone in Halfords.. lol

can u tell I'm car retarded?

that was fun... lol.

Will clock up that 500miles fast at this rate.

FYI everything cost £465 to get fitted. That wasn't including VAT which I wasn't charged for as I paid in cash. Nice chaps. Will defo be using that garage again.

I still can't get used to this crazy clutch tho.... lol

You best run the bugger in b4 I see it in glasgow hehe!. Wanna see the difference a flywheel makes. :yes:

I'm sure you'll get used to the clutch.

Just wait 'til you try a standing start dropping the clutch with 5000 revs now! Get yourself a neck brace!!!

Nice work mate. :thumbsup:

Yeah jimlad.. check your water levels!!... it isnt a moggy 1000! what part of an MR2 do you need to check the water?....lol.

Nice one Jimlad, I might still beat you round town!.... do you need to declare anything for insurance?

HeheheI remeber having a heavy duty clutch in my Gen I, definitly something to get used to, i LOVED planting it and changing quickly throught the gears...get sort of a bang and it would just grab straight away. Still for everyday driving the stocker is the only choice.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Kiwi.... that's exactly what it's like. It just grips instantly... like you said .. "bang".. and it's on. It's a bit mad and very weird compared with stock. Will get used to it tho.. I hope !

Jappy... with the aid of my fancy LSD and me new clutch... I'll be whipping your but anywhere now. :D

As for insurance, yeah. I'll tell them I have the new clutch and LSD etc. Can't see it increasing the premium tho.

You best run the bugger in b4 I see it in glasgow hehe!. Wanna see the difference a flywheel makes. :yes:

Do you think I need to get the thing remapped now Pizzaboy ?

I'll be getting an uprated actuator next week anyway, so I suppose I should book the motor into dastek.

Not too sure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links