Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uprated Actuator Question....

Jimlad

Easy to install ? How long do you think it should take a garage to put one in ?

( this is if I don't go down the big turbo route )

Bout an hour or two .. and I bet it's a b*tch of a job, if you look at the location and what you have to do to swap it ..

yeah.. I have heard it is a pain. you can either do it on the car or take the turbo off.

yeah from the looks of it youve read abotu what it does on Fensport. a ***** of a job to do. how do you know when you need to replace it?

You would know when to replace it as the car will not hold boost properly. When the spring gets soggy the wastegate will start opening to early and pressure will be lost.

Basically, get a boost gauge, go for a dent pwoer run, and if the boost does not max and hold then you may need a replacement.

yip... it holds full boost quite far on in 5th gear, then it drops back slightly.

I need an uprated one. It's the heat of the Turbo that makes it go bad.... :(

May get dastek to do it along with the remapping.

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket actuator that fits onto the stock mounts? The only one I looked at was the Fensport one. There must be one from loads of the other jap tuning companies - but more expensive.

Awlighters Jimlad! Watch out cos dastek are majorly booked for summer due to all the car shows comin up. You best find out bout that dude!

boost does sometimes tail off at higher revs. mine is also mapped this way it will hold 1.7 bar through the midrange and tail off to about 1.6bar as it gets to the redline. mainly done to keep the engine safe as det can occur easier at high rpm. just ask where you got it maped what the boost should be at the rpm wher it drops.

they actually told me at the time I should get an uprated actuator as mine had gone a bit soft and they weren't too happy with the results. ( results were good tho )

I can get one fitted on the 21st, but I'm not sure when I can get it in to get remapped.

Can anything think of any bad things about getting it without getting it remapped straight away ?? I mean it won't go over the set boost limit etc as the chip controls it.

hrm it shouldnt do. i'm pretty sure it wont do that, just hold the boost rather than increase it.

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links