Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X-Pression/new Iphone

frankieb

Hi there,

I've been driving my Aygo very happily since September.. I've just upgraded to the latest iPhone and it's not working very well with the bluetooth on my car's touchscreen..

Does anyone else have an iPhone 6S and are managing to use the reading texts functionality or transferring of contacts onto the Aygo?

Any help would be great!

Hello Francesca - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Works fine with a Sammy Galaxy Note2 and 4 which is of course Android and it worked fine with your previous iPhone. So it's obviously your new phones settings it doesn't like.

My friends Honda system liked the bluetooth set so the phone was discoverable ie visible permanently. I should try that if I were you. I don't think that there are that many options as regards bluetooth it's either on or off isn't it.

Oh one other thing is check the settings to see if you've enabled all the permissions. On Android these are separate for music/phone etc and the system usually asks separately for the pass code for contacts etc. You might need to check the messages settings too.

Anyway give that lot a try see if it makes a difference. Best of luck and do let us know how you get on.

Hello Francesca - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thank you! I'm very happy to be here : ) I love a good forum.. I didn't like the BMW forums at all, but the Honda Civic forum people were lovely! I'm very much enjoying being a Toyota lady!

Works fine with a Sammy Galaxy Note2 and 4 which is of course Android and it worked fine with your previous iPhone. So it's obviously your new phones settings it doesn't like.

My friends Honda system liked the Bluetooth set so the phone was discoverable ie visible permanently. I should try that if I were you. I don't think that there are that many options as regards Bluetooth it's either on or off isn't it.

Oh one other thing is check the settings to see if you've enabled all the permissions. On Android these are separate for music/phone etc and the system usually asks separately for the pass code for contacts etc. You might need to check the messages settings too.

Anyway give that lot a try see if it makes a difference. Best of luck and do let us know how you get on.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I'm sure it's the phone.. I've a horrid suspicion that my new phone is just not compatible and that's that! : ( that would make me sad because I love the features of the touch screen!

I've looked at all the options for permissions etc and I think they're all up to scratch.. None the wiser!

comments in this suggests that you may be right but that it will work via an USB cable

The Aygo has the X-Touch multimedia system which presumably is shared with the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 108, rather than Toyota's Touch 2 system.

Phone compatibility may have been updated since March 2015, but post 2 and 4 of the following thread indicates only the iPhone 4/4S is compatible - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/166816-x-touch-compatibility/

Thank you again for replies..

It's not the touch 2 system but the x-touch as you say. However, it's the Mirrorlink (touch screen mirroring the screen on the phone) feature that only works with the iPhone 4/4S..

I was previously using all the features I mentioned on an iPhone 6, I've upgraded to a 6S plus..

Oops, forgot that Aygo had X-touch (Pioneer oem iirc) :blushing:

Tbh I think that Mirrorlink is withering on the vine - Android has Auto coming, Apple has Carplay on the way. Plus I don't think that whoever does the firmware updates for the car manufacturers can keep up with the rate at which Google & Apple update their OS (& break previous compatibility).

Toyota only ever implemented it for certain Samsungs, iphones & Nokias. Even other Mirrorlink compatible phones (like Sony, HTC etc) were never enabled for use with Toyota's infotainment.

Oops, forgot that Aygo had X-touch (Pioneer oem iirc) :blushing:

Tbh I think that Mirrorlink is withering on the vine - Android has Auto coming, Apple has Carplay on the way. Plus I don't think that whoever does the firmware updates for the car manufacturers can keep up with the rate at which Google & Apple update their OS (& break previous compatibility).

Toyota only ever implemented it for certain Samsungs, iphones & Nokias. Even other Mirrorlink compatible phones (like Sony, HTC etc) were never enabled for use with Toyota's infotainment.

I know.. I've never been bothered about Mirrorlink anyway, I've never used it.

But my new phone not displaying music details when played via usb, not being able to copy contacts across and not being able to view my messages on the screen is a problem, and these are not Mirrorlink functionalities.. I'm so far at a loss as to why it's like this.

I found the Honda people hostile if you so much as say that the car isn't as good as you think a Honda would be. Honda reliability is a myth hence they offer only 3 year warranty.

I was very disappointed with Mirror Link. They advertise it as a great feature in that a phone sat Nav is always up to date but it just doesn't work. Toyota shouldn't be advertising the system if it doesn't work. I asked them about it and they knew nothing about it. Shame the touch screen didn't control the heating controls. Otherwise it only controls the radio and mpg display. Wasted really

I really like the X-Touch. Seeing album artwork, the ease of copying my contacts over and being able to read messages on the screen has been brilliant.

I've never used Mirrorlink because I didn't see the use in it.

But I'm really disappointed that I make a minor upgrade in phone (iPhone 6 to 6S) and all those functionalities are gone. I can't even get it to copy my contacts, and as said earlier, that's not anything to do with Mirrorlink, I don't use that... Disappointed so far and I hope I can find a solution because until now, moving from my 2010 BMW 3 Series M Sport to my Aygo has been an unexpected pleasure!! Now I want my bmw back! Haha

Using my iPhone 6s just fine - sms/contacts etc all work fine. Had a 5s before which also worked too. Have you given permission in the bluetooth settings for contacts?

post-152007-0-04004700-1451834063_thumb.

"Honda reliability is a myth hence they offer only 3 year warranty."

We've had two Hondas from new and found them to be just as reliable as Toyota and Mazda. There is no correlation between reliability and the length of warranty. There have been times when Honda have offered five year warranties when they needed to shift old models prior to the introduction of a new one. Warranty Direct named Honda the most reliable maker of 2015 in their survey of over 3 year old cars (Toyota, Hyundai and Kia were excluded from the survey due to their long warranties).

In fact when we were looking to change our 2012 Hyundai i20 in the Summer of 2015, the Jazz was our second choice, and the only reason we chose one of the new generation i20's over the Jazz, was the expensive Honda accessories.

Using my iPhone 6s just fine - sms/contacts etc all work fine. Had a 5s before which also worked too. Have you given permission in the Bluetooth settings for contacts?

attachicon.gifimage.png

Ah thank you so much for replying!!!

OK, I think you're on the right track.. when I go into my settings it only has the Disconnect, or Forget This Device Options..

Any ideas? I'm going to try 'Reset all settings' on the phone and hope for the best!

Thank you SO much! It works! I'm a very happy lady!

• Like 1

Thank you SO much! It works! I'm a very happy lady!

Fantastic! Glad it works for you :)

• Like 1

How can you go from a BMW 3 series and suffer the Aygo? I went from a Civic and struggled with the comfort and quality?

How can you go from a BMW 3 series and suffer the Aygo? I went from a Civic and struggled with the comfort and quality?

Just because one person struggled with the comfort and quality with the Aygo, doesn't necessarily mean that another will. The poster obviously seems pleased with her Aygo, and at the end of the day, that is all that counts.

• Like 1

Well... i went from a 2009 Civic Type S GT with every extra going to a 2012 Aygo (for economy reasons!) and HATED it. I managed a year and then I upgraded to my top of the range 3 series M Sport convertible. I loved my BMW, but started driving much more since I changed jobs and in September decided to buy a little run around. I initially laughed at the idea of an Aygo, but the touchscreen sold me. It was all the tech in that touchscreen, what it can do, how easy it is to use, is much better than my beemer, much more techy! I'm a tech girl.

Kept the beemer, fully intending to use it and use my Aygo for my little runs here and there, even thought I'd have to force myself to use the Aygo because I love my beemer - but I left the house every day with the option of two cars and kept going for the Aygo. So much easier to park, can park it easily in any space, even a really small one.. zero road tax, fuel economy is loads better, the touchscreen is amazing.. and most importantly, the cupholders are better!

The only big things I miss from my BMW are the convertible roof (obviously I'll only miss that in Summer!) and the cruise control. There are some small things as well.. no heated seats and the steering wheel controls should light up when the headlights are on so I can see which button I'm pressing, the wipers aren't quite good enough in very heavy rain and I don't like the reversing camera, I don't use it.. sensors would be more useful to me.

But all in all, for the £10k I spent, vs the £30k for the BMW, I'm thrilled with the Aygo!

• Like 1

Also, the people in the BMW forums and even the BMW dealerships are not as lovely to me as Toyota has been this time around! : )

The touchscreen doesn't do much though. Great idea but the Civic one I had controlled everything on the car. Just surprised a BMW comfort wouldnt appeal more. I need more than a touchscreen in a car for me to like it.

I loved the Aygos economy but that's about all. Only have to see how many are for sale on the use market for me to think they aren't as popular as the Mark 1 but time will tell. I agree not everyone will suffer back pains as I did but the comfort is an issue.

Well I had a top of the range 2009 Civic, and it couldn't do the things that my touchscreen does. Firstly, mine needed the phone to be plugged in in order to listen to music, no bluetooth music (although in 6 years I'm sure they've improved that) and I had to change it for a USB stick as it needed to be plugged into the armrest where I couldn't see and the only way to see who was calling was to look at the phone. Also, there was no syncing of contacts in that car, you had to add contacts manually. For me, being able to read texts on the screen and not needing to touch my phone at all on my commute, even having the album artwork displayed on the screen etc makes that touchscreen far superior to what I had in my Civic. I drive 25k a year, I don't have any back problems.

My 2012 Aygo was a hunk of junk and the fuel economy wasn't great either. But my new one is beautiful. I love her!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links