Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X-Pression/new Iphone

frankieb

My Civic was a lot newer and did a lot more although broke down a lot. You could speak to it and control anything in the car.

Have you managed to get the text message working on the Aygo as I couldn't using an I phone 6.

Have to say I preferred the old one but each to there own. I live outside London so small cars are of little advantage. My back killed me, worse car I've owned in 20 years of driving.

I did use voice controls in my Civic. i did like it, but didn't use it as much as I could have done, because I like music and it cut the music in order to listen to my commands.

Yes, reading text messages (not writing them!) on the screen worked fine on my iPhone 6 in the Aygo and works well now on my iPhone 6S plus.

Cool, maybe you got yours to work better than my touch screen. I got the art work and music via bluetooth but that's it. Enjoy your little Aygo :-)

"Only have to see how many are for sale on the use market for me to think they aren't as popular as the Mark 1 "

Afaik Toyota Aygo sales are up - differentiating it more from it's PSA siblings has paid off for Toyota.

Martin the Aygo isn't that little mate. I drive my wifes Aygo and I'm 6ft 4 and a chunky munky. We downsized from a Yaris.

I went on Autotrader and searched within 40 mile. A lot more came up than big sellers such as Astra, Focus and VW Up. Don't get me wrong I like the little car and think it's the best looking city car around. I would hardly call it big though, rear space is at a serious premium. Over 6ft and leg room behind the drivers seat is all but vanished. It just feels smaller than the first Aygo. Great second family car or as someone who has just passed there test but for me I struggled with it this time. Hard to go from a large fast car to an Aygo.

People on this forum are the friendliest I've come across though.

UK sales figures for the Aygo using Toyota's own figures are as follows:

2005 - 2896

2006 - 14034

2007 - 14158

2008 - 15191

2009 - 15070

2010 - 13601

2011 - 14231

2012 - 16049

2013 - 16232

2014 - 20620

2015 up to and including November - 23339

Figures for 11 months of 2015 are showing 2015 to be the Aygo's best year as regard sales in the UK.

The current Aygo/C1/108 are a rework of the original Aygo/C1/107, and the three cars are firmly in the city car market segment, below the supermini (Yaris, Corsa, Polo) segment and two segments below the small family car segment (Auris, Astra, Golf).

Doing a similar search on Autotrader for the cars mentioned above from my postcode, but limiting the price range to a minimum of £5000 and no max, gave the following results:

Aygo - 1648

VW Up - 1382

Astra - 8860

Focus - 12259

So quite a different picture to yours.

How can you go from a BMW 3 series and suffer the Aygo? I went from a Civic and struggled with the comfort and quality?

..................I initially laughed at the idea of an Aygo, but the touchscreen sold me. It was all the tech in that touchscreen, what it can do, how easy it is to use, is much better than my beemer, much more techy! I'm a tech girl.

Ha Ha …. I decided I was going to get the Aygo just from playing with the X-Touch …. The test drive was a bit superfluous to be honest.
My commute is made a happier thing by its bright shiny touch screen and all my albums ( with cover art) on tap from rinky dinky little USB drive a great DAB radio etc etc.
It is far superior to the system in my partner’s Audi - which isn’t touchscreen and confuses the hell out of me when I try to use it !

Buying a car just because of the touch screen, seen it all now. It doesn't even control that much and was disappointed the mirror link didn't work. I was hoping to use the Sat Nav as paying £400 for the option is madness. I loved the fuel economy and running costs the most plus I think it's the best looking city car by miles.

I'm surprised by the sales figures as I don't see many on the roads. I see far more on Autotrader. Glad it's doing well though as I think Toyota have done a good job.

Buying a car just because of the touch screen, seen it all now.

Why the surprised indignation?

I use the X-Play every single day on every single trip and it works better than any interface in any car I drove as an alternative. If it means so little to you I guess you would be happy with a cassette player in your car.

Like keyless entry and Start , I would miss it

Anyway , people choose cars because they like the colour ..... You might have to conceed different things matter to different people.

If you didn't negotiate the Sat Nav as a freebie you really didn't try very hard to get a deal ( and mine seems to work just fine)

Fair play to you. I got mine as an ex demo saving £2.5k but ones with Sat Nav and keyless entry as demos is rare.

I miss rain sensitive wipers and dual climate control more but like you say, each to his own.

So what would you change about the car if you could?

I just want to add that I absolutely chose mine based on the x-touch, and I absolutely love it.

The main thing I would change would be to make the windscreen wiper better, in really bad rain on the M4 it just doesn't feel good enough. I'd also like more of the dash controls and steering wheel controls to give off a little glow so I can see what I'm doing easier. I think with those minor changes the car could still be affordable.

I also don't like the reversing camera. I'd prefer sensors in all honesty, but with such a small car, and being used to my 3 series, I'm not sure it's needed.

If I was looking to spend more on one, I would have liked auto lights and wipers and definitely cruise control, I do miss that.

I agree about the steering controls need lighting up. Would be nice to see the window switches done as well. Sensors are better but agree they are hardly needed. For me it was the comfort, otherwise I think they have done a great job. Gave me a bad back when I drive and no amount of cushions would cure it. Shame as the car is a winner in my eyes.

Good point. The fact none of the minor switchgear including steering wheel controls are illuminated its both penny pinching and yet more evidence of poor real world user experience testing. Receive a phonecall at night and try to remember whether you push the steering wheel button up or down to answer ........ or indeed which one interacts with the phone ....or where the window button are ......

I guess the saving grace is you can answer by touching the screen, which frankly I tend to do instinctively.

Don't forget that the Aygo/C1/108 are produced by the Joint Venture between Toyota and PSA. The design of basics like switchgear, which will be shared across the models, would need to meet the criteria of the Joint Venture - not Toyota, not Citroen and not Peugeot.

So any penny pinching would be the result of the Joint Venture deciding something wasn't required.

this is worth a read re, European design & guild costs - for what is true of C sector cars is surely also true of those below that ...

http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/new-cars/has-fiat-tipo-found-new-niche

• 2 years later...

Going back to original question re carplay on Aygo. Adverts for the new Aygo (2018) say that carplay is available - as does their Twitter account. I'm wondering whether that means I'll be able to get it to work on my 2014 X-pression.  I'll check around and post on here if I find anything 

51 minutes ago, NItram59 said:

Going back to original question re carplay on Aygo. Adverts for the new Aygo (2018) say that carplay is available - as does their Twitter account. I'm wondering whether that means I'll be able to get it to work on my 2014 X-pression.  I'll check around and post on here if I find anything 

Unfortunately no it will not be backwards compatible as the hardware has been changed to give "connectivity" ( carplay & Android auto ) ots more than just a software update, see: 

Many thanks Devon. No talk button = No carplay. Got it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links