Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing The Instrument Cluster

ciq

I'm looking to replace the instrument cluster on my IQ. Has anyone done this? If so, does the ECU need reprogramming & does the mileometer show the correct mileage?

Hi

The instrument cluster is a seperate entity. I changed mine for the Aston Martin Cygnet version. It is not tied to the ECU. To remove it is simple! Lower the steering wheel to the lowest position and grab the top cowling each side with both hands where you get a good grip and tug it towards you in a sort of jerking fashion and it will come free. There are 2 philips screws one either side to remove and agan grab the instrument panel and pull it towards you. Becareful as there are 2 plugs at the rear which need disconnecting by simply pressing their tabs and releasing them. The odometer info is on a eprom on tbe circuit board and not in the ECU. A new 0000 odometer Aston Martin Cygnet instrument panel will cost £99. bargain!!

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the info. I am going to do the same as you & fit an Aston Martin Cygnet version. I just didn't want to go ahead with it & then find I had to take it to Toyota to be reprogrammed.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve

Its a very nice display cluster. White Led illumination. I am assuming the rest of your consul illumination is Amber. I changed all of mine to Blue which makes it a nice contrast. Just to give you some idea on the time it takes to remove the instrument cluster. I can take it out in less than 45 seconds! Good luck with it. Remember it comes at 0000 odometer so you might want to get it recorded on the log book.

David

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, where can I get a Cygnet display cluster for that price?

How do I get it recorded on the log book? is this an official government paper, or is it just the paperwork that comes with the car?

Regards,

ERick

To be honest i havent recorded it on mine. I used it for about 5,000 miles then went back to my original. It is unlikely i will sell the car which is at around 73k. 

I found a guy on eBay selling them. They come new with no milage on. To change it i can do in less than a minute . Original price on eBay was £99

david

Thanks David,

If I go for it I will probably dump the eeprom on my old one and flash the new one so that the mileage stays the same

(going to search eBay as that link is showing as dead).

Regards,

erick

Did you go off the Cygnet display, David? It looked really cool in your car!

Chris

iQ² in black ☆ red and white leather ☆ sunroof ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome handles and exhaust

First if all Erick

the eprom doesnt dump i have 2 displays. One at around 20,000 and the other at 71,000. They are completely seporate 

david

Chris

haven't gone off it just changed it back for Mot. May use it again, dont know really

David

Thanks Tarquin, 

Thats no good then :( I missed them anyway, cant seem to find them anymore... 

Regards,

Erick

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links