Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking for a new car

iamnicolas

Hello, i just drove an IQ 1.33 Auto and it was really good. I was impressed with the car. I am looking to buy a used car for around £5500-6000. It needs to be automatic and my options are Ford Fiesta, Fiat 500 and the IQ. I the 1.0 suitable for the motorway? or shall i just look for the 1.33?

I know that they are pretty reliable cars but i just want to know if they suffer from any know faults and what i should carefully inspect when buying one. Also can someone explain to me what is the difference between an IQ 2 and 3 ?? Has Toyota produced a newer version or something?

The main difference between the iQ2 & iQ3 apart from the engine size is  trim level I think, the 1.33 engine is only available in the iQ3 though the iQ & iQ2 the 1 liter. I have the 1.33 manual and would recommend the 1.33 (especially if you plan on using mostly for motorways).

• Like 1

Just now, Soeley said:

The main difference between the iQ2 & iQ3 apart from the engine size is  trim level I think, the 1.33 engine is only available in the iQ3 though the iQ & iQ2 the 1 liter. I have the 1.33 manual and would recommend the 1.33 (especially if you plan on using mostly for motorways).

Thank you ! I will mostly use it in the city but once a week i will be on motorway also i would want to travel around UK a bit! .  How can i understand if the car is iQ or iQ2  ??

Have a look at Parkers see if that gives you the info you need, failing that I can scan the brochure I have.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Soeley said:

Have a look at Parkers see if that gives you the info you need, failing that I can scan the brochure I have.

Thank you!

Simple ways to tell....

If it has a 1.0 engine it's either an iQ1 or an iQ2

If it has the 1.0 engine and has the climate control digital display panel in the centre of the car and keyless ignition it's an iQ2. If it has three big round dials down the centre of the dash and a key under the steering column it's an iQ1

If it has the 1.33 engine it's an iQ3 which came with all the toys, climate control, chrome mirrors, keyless ignition etc. as standard. The iQ3's also came with unique wheels which are a double, 5 spoke design in 16" size.

Craig.

• Like 1

The OP has decided to go for a Ford Fiesta.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links